New Build - 06/04/2022 - r49081

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Posts: 1479
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe the mac update crashes like it did for me the other day, but you could see that in the syslog

in any case please report back if erasing the nvram helped


Last edited by ho1Aetoo on Tue Jun 07, 2022 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
MLandi
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 743

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
6rollo6 wrote:
I will try NVRAM reset as mentioned before, thanks.


As much as this sounds like a brute force fix, it is not. Nvram does get cluttered and the R9000 seems to be a victim of this for the current releases. For me, I probably caused my own issue by trying to use nvram to store my leases and I experimented with using nvram for flash storage. Clearing and resetting nvram has been a recommendation for years around here. I will probably try that the next time I see oddness after an update when no one else reports issues.

_________________
Netgear R9000 X10
DD-WRT v3.0-r49741 std (08/15/22)
Gateway, AP, DNSMasq, Clock 2000MHz
VAP on wlan1 for internet devices
IPv4 & IPv6 (Prefix Delegation)
Static Leases & DHCP
CloudFlare, QoS Disabled, SmartDNS Disabled
2.4GHz: VANILLA Firmware, Airtime Fairness Enabled, NG-Mixed, 10 + 6 (2457 MHz HT40), ACK Timing 450, WPA2 w/AES
5GHz: VANILLA Firmware, Airtime Fairness Enabled, AC/N Mixed, 40 + 42 (5200 MHz VHT80), ACK Timing 450, WPA2 w/AES
Xfinity 1.2Gbps/42Mbps
thommy181
DD-WRT User


Joined: 16 Mar 2019
Posts: 288
Location: Szczecin, Poland EU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 0:19    Post subject: New Build - 06/04/2022 - r49081 Reply with quote
Router/Version: TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1.5
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d11 #109218 Sat Jun 4 09:47:46 +07 2022 mips
Reset: Yes, use revert file, install newest dd-wrt build on router
Mode: Internet gateway, WIFI AP 5GHz, dnsmasq server, iptables firewall
Issues: weak WAN performance (~380 mbit download speed) ISP plan is 600 mbit+
Status: Working with issues
Uptime: ~59 H

Router have problem with weak WAN performance. That issue is exist since a few builds. I'm remember device worked rather good earlier. Syslog is attached.
6rollo6
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
MLandi wrote:
6rollo6 wrote:
I will try NVRAM reset as mentioned before, thanks.


As much as this sounds like a brute force fix, it is not. Nvram does get cluttered and the R9000 seems to be a victim of this for the current releases. For me, I probably caused my own issue by trying to use nvram to store my leases and I experimented with using nvram for flash storage. Clearing and resetting nvram has been a recommendation for years around here. I will probably try that the next time I see oddness after an update when no one else reports issues.


NVRAM reset did not solve the problem, I tried many times. Will now try to go back to stock firmware and afterwards flash DD-WRT again, will report if it worked.
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer


Joined: 31 Jul 2021
Posts: 1635
Location: All over YOUR webs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
6rollo6 wrote:
NVRAM reset did not solve the problem, I tried many times. Will now try to go back to stock firmware and afterwards flash DD-WRT again, will report if it worked.

IDK what gives you the idea that this is in any way any kind of solution. its not. In fact if you dont erase the nvram when going back to stock or back to dd-wrt it will likely cause more issues. Not to mention you're just doing 2 unnecessary flashes for not good reason. But If Im wrong, I'll eat my hat Wink. (good thing I dont have a hat)

The only way to tell whats going on, is to have serial logs of the boot process until dd-wrt UI loads to see if anything isn't initializing properly, syslogs have nothing useful usually and only way it may (not guaranteed) is to enable hidden console_debug, nvram set console_debug=1 && nvram commit && reboot

_________________
Saving your retinas from the burn!🔥
DD-WRT Inspired themes for routers
DD-WRT Inspired themes for the phpBB Forum
DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
6rollo6
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
6rollo6 wrote:
NVRAM reset did not solve the problem, I tried many times. Will now try to go back to stock firmware and afterwards flash DD-WRT again, will report if it worked.

IDK what gives you the idea that this is in any way any kind of solution. its not.
The only way to tell whats going on, is to have serial logs of the boot process until dd-wrt UI loads to see if anything isn't initializing properly, syslogs have nothing useful usually and only way it may (not guaranteed) is to enable hidden console_debug, nvram set console_debug=1 && nvram commit && reboot


The idea came when nothing else I tried worked Wink I'm sure you own a device for writing a serial log, me not, sorry. So I'll try enable hidden console_debug. Please just give me a hint where I can find/read/download that logfile afterwards to post it here. Thanks.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Posts: 1479
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
enable syslod and klogd in WebIf > Services
you will find the syslog in /var/log/messages or in WebIF > Status > Syslog
6rollo6
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
enable syslod and klogd in WebIf > Services
you will find the syslog in /var/log/messages or in WebIF > Status > Syslog


Logfile attached, thanks for your help. Seems like a problem with initializing wil6210?
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Posts: 1479
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
very good thanks, this is now the second log with this crash I forward it to BS

i attach it again in txt format for better readability


Last edited by ho1Aetoo on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:59; edited 1 time in total
6rollo6
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
very good thanks, this is now the second log with this crash I forward it to BS


I say thanks! Hopefully there will be a solution/fix soon as I can‘t configure my Wifi anymore. Could you please update me/us here in this thread or via PM if there‘s any news about it?
nyddwrtuser330
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
r9000
downgraded from 49139

Sytem up 2 days, this morning dropped all live connections. went to check syslog, it appears this happened at precisely the time the log was rotated, the log shows none of the drops but all the reconnects and dhcp responses are there and it looks normal, except for it only being a few hours long for whole log.

anyone else seeing this?
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 5181
Location: UK, London, just across the river..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
nyddwrtuser330 wrote:
r9000
downgraded from 49139

Sytem up 2 days, this morning dropped all live connections. went to check syslog, it appears this happened at precisely the time the log was rotated, the log shows none of the drops but all the reconnects and dhcp responses are there and it looks normal, except for it only being a few hours long for whole log.

anyone else seeing this?


i don't think anyone is still on 49081, as this is an old build and has some problems that ware approached in the next builds...so far, "depends from set up" 49139 is more stable as well there is an upcoming build that patches some overflows...on the current old builds...

_________________
Atheros
TP-Link WR740Nv1 ---DD-WRT 49599 WAP
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -DD-WRT 49599 Gateway,DNS,AP Isolation,Ad-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -DD-WRT 49599 Gateway,DNS,Ad-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.13.0b AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 49741 Gateway,DNS,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,DoT,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 49599 Gateway,DNS,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,DoT,2,4Ghz only,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 ---DD-WRT 49741 Gateway,DNS,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,VLAN's,DoT,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
nyddwrtuser330
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
i had router resets in other builds, thus the reverts
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Posts: 1479
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
@6rollo6

try build r49212

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332356

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/49203
6rollo6
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
@6rollo6

try build r49212

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332356

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/49203


WIFI setup WORKING again, THANKS! Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum