WZR-600DHP 5Ghz Client to MIFI 8000 AP fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
excel4x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:11    Post subject: WZR-600DHP 5Ghz Client to MIFI 8000 AP fails Reply with quote
I am trying to connect a 5Ghz client-mode WZR-600DHP dd-wrt router to non-dd-wrt MIFI 8000.
1) The original dd-wrt firmware (r30355) that comes with the WZR-600DHP router connects just fine.
2) However I can't find a later dd-wrt rev (r33006, r41174..) that works. The WZR-600DHP client will not even connect with wireless security turned off.
3) A WZR-600DHP client running r33006/r41174 will connect to another WZR-600DHP router or to a Ubiquiti Nanostation running AirOS, but not to the MIFI 8000. It also fails to connect to a Verizon ASK-NCQ1338 (but r30355 works).

Any suggestions for dd-wrt wireless settings that might be more compatible with other APs?

Thanks much!
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried a recent build?

The current is 48897.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can either TFTP the buffalo-to-ddwrt file or use the CLI via PuTTY/Terminal to upgrade to current release.

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/05-18-2022-r48897/buffalo_wzr-600dhp/

You might wish to do a hard reset (nvram erase && reboot) after upgrading.
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/05-18-2022-r48897/buffalo_wzr-600dhp/wzr-600dhp-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin
write wzr-600dhp-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin linux
(when it's done flashing) reboot

It would be helpful to know your wireless settings (basic/advanced) for us to be able to have any idea how to advise you.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
excel4x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 23:32    Post subject: WZR-600DHP 5Ghz Client to MIFI 8000 AP fails Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried a variety of wireless settings: wpa, wpa2, disabled security, full and dynamic channel widths, various SSIDs, etc. None seem to work when connecting to some non-dd-wrt APs. Again, the original dd-wrt release works fine, but I have not found any subsequent releases that work. I have tried this several times with several different APs and consistently failed.

I have not tried the latest release, primarily because issues vary with different releases and there is not much discussion on the WZR-600DHP devices. My hunch is that something changed between the original release and subsequent releases that makes the device incompatible in client mode with many non-DD-wrt APs.

My hope was to find someone in the community who has run across this issue and found a solution - other than just using the original release firmware.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since it wasn't very obvious, I was asking for screenshots.
kernel-panic69 wrote:
It would be helpful to know your wireless settings (basic/advanced) for us to be able to have any idea how to advise you.

In response, I post links for you to read and ask questions about later.

Announcement: Atheros forum FAQ – README

Sticky: QCA BEST WIFI SETTINGS

QCA Wireless Settings - DD-WRT Wiki

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: