The right Firefox addon to save your retinas: Stylus?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
The built themes in doesn't support any customization at all and are limited and I wont add color schemes unless theres a demand from more than 1 user.

But whatever, you have no idea what you are missing, I opened the door, its up to you to walk through it.

You prefer broken results with huge scrollbars, and that's fine with me.

I on the other hand have standards and wont stand for mediocre results and if I dont like websites like the DD-WRT forums, I fix them. Just look at what I see in forums vs what you see.

Look at attachment and show me a screenshot of yours, then we can compare notes...

Same goes for my DD-WRT themes on signature, all customizable and all make 1980's look like 2050

HANG ON... HANG ON... HANG ON...

I was talking about the colors of DD-WRT's WEB UI all the time, **NOT** this FORUM's theme. Misunderstanding... misunderstanding... Smile

And yes, the Dark Background & Light Text add-on does NOT render this FORUM with black, possibly because its background color is not white but yellow-brown/fresh(I am still using default theme). But the colors are still a bit darker.

BTW, you should be very busy with patching DD-WRT. Don't wanna waste your valuable time on colors. Also, I know you are trying to sell a better solution.

Anyway, happy coding and deep sleep!!

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I meant that all my standalone themes no matter if dd-wrt related like on my signature or other sites I use often, are all customizable from colors to a host of others features not possible with static embedded themes like the built in ones on any website.

There is no misunderstanding, I was speaking generally that my standalone themes do a better job than some random addons that tries to do a global job.

Hence why I showed you my current forums theme so you can compare with what your addon does to this site.

Im still interested in seeing your results, but Im willing to bet, they are sub par to my high standards and attention to detail.

So show me a screenshot so I can goto bed tonight knowing my time styling the forums, and the trac site and dd-wrt as standalone is not time wasted Wink

Im not selling anything, I think that much is clear, I only presented better alternatives that should make most users very happy. That said I have no vested interest, I did them for my usage and shared only because Im not a greedy whatsit.

All for the grand price of free as in free beer.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: