WRT54G v2.2 Loosing wireless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fmuntean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 18:48    Post subject: WRT54G v2.2 Loosing wireless Reply with quote
I have a WRT54G v2.2 router using firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r46412 std-special (04/21/21) and every day the wireless devices get disconnected and they can't connect back until I reboot the router.

I tried to use newer builds but could not find any build that works. All the newer builds I tried are a hit or miss when restarting the router as most of the times the router just hangs.

Please advise on a good firmware I could try or what can I do to fix the wireless connection drop.
Sponsor
ThaCrip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe your hardware is going bad, like bad capacitors etc?

because I am running build r46640 (May 13th 2021) on my WRT54GS v1.1 router, so a build from a year ago, and currently have 86+ days of uptime and general wireless stuff works okay.

I always do the usual before upgrading firmware if you want to be safe... hold reset button for 30 seconds, wait until router comes back online, flash firmware from the 'Administration' page, wait a full 5 minutes, then hold reset button for 30 seconds. then after it comes back online reconfigure it to ones liking and then use like usual.

with that said... sometimes ill skip the initial reset and just go straight to the flashing process, but I never skip a 30 second reset button after changing firmware builds to help ensure everything is in good running order.

Primary Router: Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 /w dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021) ; new Panasonic capacitors Feb 11th 2020 | Backup Router: Linksys WRT54GS v6 /w dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021)
fmuntean
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
ThaCrip wrote:
Maybe your hardware is going bad, like bad capacitors etc?

The router is running for much longer and the wired connections are working just fine. I don't think are the capacitors.

ThaCrip wrote:
because I am running build r46640 (May 13th 2021) on my WRT54GS v1.1 router, so a build from a year ago, and currently have 86+ days of uptime and general wireless stuff works okay.

Thank you, I will try the r46640 firmware

ThaCrip wrote:
I always do the usual before upgrading firmware if you want to be safe... hold reset button for 30 seconds, wait until router comes back online, flash firmware from the 'Administration' page, wait a full 5 minutes, then hold reset button for 30 seconds. then after it comes back online reconfigure it to ones liking and then use like usual.

Same here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: