CTF / CTF & FA went MIA Asus RT-Ac5300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
r2digital
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 0:18    Post subject: CTF / CTF & FA went MIA Asus RT-Ac5300 Reply with quote
currently i’m on 48208 experimental driver and decided to try the latest experimental. CTF &FA AND CTF are currently enabled on 48208. after i flashed to the latest exp build CTF &FA disappeared but SFE was still there. So i decided to flash to the latest original build, and reset factory defaults. ctf & fa options were now missing on this build also . Finally, i flashed back to 48208 exp and reset defaults thinking that this would bring back the missing options since i know they were active on this build before but nope! Ctf &Fa options were gone here too. Luckily, i had a saved configuration from the 48208 experimental build and after restoring this the options came back. Does anyone have any ideas how to get these options enabled on the latest builds?
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you do not see this option. its not available or not supported. this is controlled by the nvram var ctf_fa_cap
if its set to 1, its supported. but from factory default it can be forcefully disabled by asus (0)
if the value doesnt exist dd-wrt does detect the capability on first boot after factory reset by simply checking for capability or device crash.
you can forcefully enable it by
nvram set ctf_fa_cap=1
nvram commit
reboot
from telnet or ssh console. but do not complain if it
causes troubles for you.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you, ill give this a go in the next few days Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: