So many active IP connections. Is this normal?

IMV8N
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 19:46    Post subject: So many active IP connections. Is this normal? Reply with quote
I am new to DDWRT and as I was poking around I found the active IP connections page. I have about 200 active IP connections while just browsing DDWRT forums. Also I had one telnet connection from China. I disabled telnet immediately when I saw that. What am I looking at here with all these IP connections? Is this normal? Is there more I should do to protection my router and network?[/img]

1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  400.82 KB
 Viewed:  1174 Time(s)

1.png

Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
That can be normal, because of all of the dns and ads and links people have... not to mention that your browser and os are making connections in the background as well as other devices.
spongebubby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
as for the telnet session, it's pretty normal to have intruders try to penetrate your network if they discover a port open to the internet. an established connection doesn't necessarily mean they've made their way in, but given enough time they might be able to guess the password. i would leave telnet off, at least on the WAN interface
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: