Is there a good wireless router for a dorm room?

alley4vi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:57    Post subject: Is there a good wireless router for a dorm room? Reply with quote
Hey guys,

Basically, I'm new here, and I'm looking for a good wireless router for my dorm room. How do I know if it's good enough? I have a Dlink router and there have been some problems with it so I'm looking for a new router that is more reliable and powerful.

Some of the routers I'm looking into include the Google Wifi, TP-Link N300, TP-Link AC750, and D-Link. But I'm very confused and I don't know which one is best for me. I need a router that can serve my roommate and me well (he's more of a gamer, I'm more into streaming movies, music from Youtube, etc.), but at the same time, I want it to be reliable.

During my search for several days, I came across a website that contained impressive information about a
best router with an even more impressive product. Now I'm in the middle of deciding which router to get.

1. TP-Link WiFi 6 Router AX1800
2. Speedefy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router

So, can you guys help me? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sincerely
Sponsor
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Should the router run dd-wrt?
If so, you can throw the page and the list in the trash.

Far from the recommendations of the forum or the community.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recommended: R7800 (XR450/XR500), R9000 (R8900/XR700), R7500v2, EA8500 (serial flash), x86 (J4125).

R7000 or cheap C7 v5, A7 v5. Planning on configuring VLANs then R7800 (XR450/XR500), EA8500 or R7000.

If cannot find any used in your area, craigslist, offerup, mercari, ebay, generic search term, keywords YMMV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: