Telekom FTTH Compatible Router

ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:22    Post subject: Telekom FTTH Compatible Router Reply with quote
Is there any known router that works with an FTTH connection from Telekom Germany? The ISP requires PPPOE with VLAN *tag* 7. Is RT-N66U running r42671 expected to work?

I read the VLAN Wiki articles, several other threads, on an RT-N66U i tried to reassign the WAN to VLAN 7 as a dry run (current ISP is not Telekom, so i can't properly test it yet, because i'd have to travel a very long distance), but it reverts to VLAN 2 after a reboot and i can't even tell if the traffic was tagged or not. I tried CLI as well as the web GUI or combinations of both.

Generally speaking, it's stil not clear how to enable VLAG *tagging* on an interface, other than hints at using vlanXports=<portnumber>t and conflicting statements about the web GUI. I read somewhere that VLAN numbers in DD-WRT are *not* the same as VLAN *tags*, they work (more) like interfaces.
Also, how do i delete a VLAN?

Using an old RT-N16 running r14929 connected to the Telekom ONT failed miserably.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Get a new build. We are currently on 48425.

On Broadcom devices there was a change from NVRAM variables to using swconfig for VLAN configuration.

PS. You should have posted this in the Broadcom forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: