TP Link Archer C7 v2 -- no longer have access to web gui

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
wolffx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:20    Post subject: TP Link Archer C7 v2 -- no longer have access to web gui Reply with quote
I was on the latest build and trying to troubleshoot a WiFi 5GHz issue and i read on a forum post here that i should downgrade to a prior build, which i did. Ever since then i've been having issues now being able to access the web gui. I am only able to access it for about 10-20 seconds after a reboot or reset of the router before the web gui quits and i get an "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" message in the browser. I tried initiating an upgrade back to the most current build and lost connection again to the web gui.

I am still able to access the internet from the device and the device config is essentially in default config state as i have reset it with the reset button and 'nvram erase && reboot' from telnet one of the times before losing web gui access

Any help is greatly appreciated
Sponsor
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
about a month ago a new feature was added to remove wifi access to the gui for security reasons. You'll need to hardwire into the router and then go to: Wireless -> Basic Settings -> Advanced Settings -> find Wireless GUI Access and select Enable, Save and then apply settings.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
wolffx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
about a month ago a new feature was added to remove wifi access to the gui for security reasons. You'll need to hardwire into the router and then go to: Wireless -> Basic Settings -> Advanced Settings -> find Wireless GUI Access and select Enable, Save and then apply settings.

thanks for the reply.

i am only using wired connection from my desktop computer running Windows 10 to the router
wolffx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh and for reference, it is currently reporting this:
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 (11/03/20)

I am able to get into the router for about 30sec before it just kicks me out and never responds again to web gui attempts.

I can check\change settings within that time but after it kicks me out, giving me the above error in my original post, i can no longer get back in unless i reset the router with a power off and power on, or a WPS\Reset button hold
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably multiple issues here, starting with not looking past the router database, not reading the disclaimer, not looking at any build threads, not reading the linked wiki completely or reading the FAQ, nada.

Current release is 48218 (in other words, the router database is not "the latest build, whatsoever").

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/01-28-2022-r48218/tplink_archer-c7-v2/

Firmware images can be found in the normal download server locations.

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/
https://dd-wrt.com/support/other-downloads/?path=betas

You're also on a build that you should be accessing with Firefox / FF ESR portable, Pale Moon Portable, Waterfox Classic in private browsing mode with no extensions, add-ons, or plugins loaded whatsoever *separate* from your internet surfing.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:07; edited 1 time in total
wolffx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok i'm not sure how but it managed to let me get it to this now:
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r48218 (01/28/22)

i click on tabs in the web gui and they just don't seem to respond and eventually i get the same error:
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
wolffx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Probably multiple issues here, starting with not looking past the router database, not reading the disclaimer, not looking at any build threads, not reading the linked wiki completely or reading the FAQ, nada.

Current release is 48218 (in other words, the router database is not "the latest build, whatsoever").

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/01-28-2022-r48218/tplink_archer-c7-v2/

Firmware images can be found in the normal download server locations.

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/
https://dd-wrt.com/support/other-downloads/?path=betas

You're also on a build that you should be accessing with Firefox / FF ESR portable, Pale Moon Portable, Waterfox Classic in private browsing mode with no extensions, add-ons, or plugins loaded whatsoever *separate* from your internet surfing.

i have no idea why you just responded with all of that nonsense; i WAS, and now AM again on the current build -- i even posted the specific builds i was on, twice.

a) this has nothing to do with the router DB; i've been using this router since 2017, on DDWRT and have been progressively updating all along the years until today to the latest builds via FTP and one of the addresses you mentioned.
b) this has nothing to do with a disclaimer. again, poor understanding on your part as this has zero to do with any of that, and would be apparent if you read my original post and subsequent responses; maybe ask me a question or 2 for clarification instead of assuming.
c) i have read build threads (see below for URL), AGAIN, i even mentioned it in my original post when i said that i had read a previous post about a suggestion to fix my original 5GHz issue and to downgrade to the first build i had mentioned i was on.
d) i read the wiki years ago, and the FAQs are irrelevant at this point to my issue.
e) "nada", you got this one right, but this is relevant to yourself as you clearly have not read what i have said.

to reiterate:
i am running the TP-Link Archer C7 v2 router on the latest build (noted in previous response). I am not able to manage my router from within the web gui as it will either a) not respond to tab clicks and just sit doing nothing or b) kick me out of the web gui and give an error "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"

my internet works just fine through this router; i never lose connectivity

i am attempting to access this router via a wired connection. but after msoengineer mentioned accessing it from the web over wireless, i attempted to do so and noticed that this works but does not on the desktop -- this is something that just developed prior to me writing this response.

thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to rectify the issue

URL for referenced post: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=327512&highlight=archer++5ghz
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what I was responding to:
wolffx86 wrote:
oh and for reference, it is currently reporting this:
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 (11/03/20)

Your OP did not specify 48218, it just said "latest". Sorry if I missed something pertinent. Try nvram show | grep net.ipv4.tcp_tw_ ; if those values are 1, set them to 0 with nvram set then do an nvram commit and then a reboot via telnet or ssh.

----------------------
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, to "reiterate":
Quote:
you should be accessing with Firefox / FF ESR portable, Pale Moon Portable, Waterfox Classic in private browsing mode with no extensions, add-ons, or plugins loaded whatsoever *separate* from your internet surfing.

----------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: