New Build - 01/28/2022 - r48218

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:30    Post subject: New Build - 01/28/2022 - r48218 Reply with quote
Welcome to Marvell r48218 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers and community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: HTTPS, FTP

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (http only) or 'curl -O {file URL}' (http, https, ftp). 'write {file} linux' then 'reboot'.

Trac SVN: repository since last build r48208 (mirror)

OpenVPN 2.5.5: Changelog, Guides, Server, PBR, DNS, Kill Switch, Watchdog, Reverse PBR, Client, Multiple, tips & scripts.
WireGuard 1.0.20211208/Tools: Changelog, Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, tips & scripts. Thanks to BS & egc!

Notes:
• WRT1200AC, WRT1200AC V2, WRT1900AC, WRT1900AC V2, WRT1900ACS, WRT1900ACS V2, WRT3200ACM and WRT32X.
Privoxy, iperf3, CAKE, Asterisk, SmartDNS, curl, ProFTPD, BusyBox, OpenSSL, mac80211, FreeRADIUS, dnsmasq, Unbound, zfs, SoftEther, Squid, zstd, Tor
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.4.4): guest behavior is now selectable. • WSD update ANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++++
CVE-2020-26147, CVE-2020-24586, CVE-2020-24587 & CVE-2020-24588 fragattack fixed.
• 'Assign WAN port to Switch' gone, set Connection Type Disabled. • WebUI MAC Filtering (47184-47205). • Sputnik removed.
• 'Ignore WAN DNS' also ignores WAN domain. • Milkfish removed.
New DD-WRT inspired themes conversion by the-joker & BrainSlayer, micro builds excluded, see UI theme test info thread.
• 401 bad request: Ethernet WebUI -> Wireless -> Basic Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Wireless GUI Access Enable, Save
Add static or delete DHCP lease from clients table in Status -> LAN. Upgrades to forwarding delete, NAT / QoS tabs & more.
Recent features, enhancements, fixes: Dynamic WDS, Stations, Site Survey, Radioname, Switch Config, Tagging and DTAG.

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
Detail issues & relevant configs. Logs: 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' syslog klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Gremlins: reset & configure manually, not restore a backup. Reboot. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
raywan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgrade from 01-21-2022-r48141 build yesterday.
WPA2/WPA3 personal does not work together. It causes all android devices disconnect.It only works WPA2 only.
Uptime only few hours then hard reset by rest button, WRT32x only can access change password page then cannot display anything after apply. (Dead loop)
Never update this Build

Last edited by raywan on Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:28; edited 1 time in total
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: WRT1900AC v1
File/Kernel: DD-WRT v3.0-r48218 std (01/28/22)
Previous/Reset: r48141, no reset
Mode/Status: Gateway, OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, ipv6, DOH
Issues/Errors: None so far.

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
KJB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 17:02    Post subject: WRT-3200acm - r48218 Reply with quote
Iḿ having no joy with either this build or the 48208 i think it was.
I did a full reset prior to flashing and also after flashing but after the intial setting of user and password the wireless tab and security tabs fail to work, even after leaving the router for a few hours to settle down.

Not sure if im missing something here but managed to reflash back to 47225 and all seems well again.

Anyone else with a similar problem?
raywan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 17:30    Post subject: Re: WRT-3200acm - r48218 Reply with quote
KJB wrote:
Iḿ having no joy with either this build or the 48208 i think it was.
I did a full reset prior to flashing and also after flashing but after the intial setting of user and password the wireless tab and security tabs fail to work, even after leaving the router for a few hours to settle down.

Not sure if im missing something here but managed to reflash back to 47225 and all seems well again.

Anyone else with a similar problem?

me too. I am trying to figure out what is the problem why httpd seems not working.
I flashed r48218 couple of hours without issues but after woke up in the morning. WRT32x cannot connect and cannot access the web management interface. So, i tried hard reset the WRT32x with hard reset bottom few times but no help. It can only display password change page and nothing can been shown after apply.
is there any method is flash back the previous firmware in this situation?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a triple power toggle failover method to force switch the boot partition.
It is a pain sometimes to find correct timing, so here are alternate descriptions.

Power ON and when LAN LED is blinking immediately turn it OFF then wait at least three seconds, repeat.
Then power it on a third time and let it run.

Another visual cue is power LED blinks a few times then turns off for about 2 seconds, switch power OFF.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7531
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
From Atheros:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=331424
Quote:
Try nvram show | grep net.ipv4.tcp_tw_ ; if those values are 1, set them to 0 with nvram set then do an nvram commit and then a reboot via telnet or ssh.

Quote:
you should be accessing with Firefox / FF ESR portable, Pale Moon Portable, Waterfox Classic in private browsing mode with no extensions, add-ons, or plugins loaded whatsoever *separate* from your internet surfing.

But just in case, we need to know if Windows 11 is involved; we are not responsible for Windows-11-induced issues. You should also always clear your browser cache.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
buboleck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm having issues with WPA3 and android devices, also one Linux system I use extensively can not get decent speeds connects at 433/433Mbit but can't reach more than ~30 Mbit (only in linux, same system with Windows 10 is ok). I was on Openwrt 21.02.1 (WPA2 only) and had no issues with the Linux system.
buboleck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
buboleck wrote:
I can confirm having issues with WPA3 and android devices, also one Linux system I use extensively can not get decent speeds connects at 433/433Mbit but can't reach more than ~30 Mbit (only in linux, same system with Windows 10 is ok). I was on Openwrt 21.02.1 (WPA2 only) and had no issues with the Linux system.

I just installed OpenWrt 21.02.1 on the other partition and I can confirm my Linux system gets the speed as expected. I guess this is some bug with DD-WRT and Atheros ATH10k cards in Linux as I used older live distro as a test and it gave the same results (old kernel and userspace tools the ATH10K driver and firmware is mostly without significant changes).

Navigation

Jump to: