Unable to connect to WRT54GS2 after Flash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MrLizard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 23:16    Post subject: Unable to connect to WRT54GS2 after Flash? Reply with quote
Hello dd-wrt users, I hope you're having a fantastic day. I am running into a problem with setting up my recently flashed Broadcom router.

Router Information
- ROUTER MODEL - WRT54GS2 V1
- SERIAL# - CUQ01J654721

I successfully flashed DD-WRT onto my router last night after following the guide here:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54G2_v1.3_%26_WRT54GS2_v1.0#Linksys_WRT54GS2v1

I was able to access the gateway menu through the default gateway IP address. I went to sleep with the intent to finish setting it up this morning. However after turning it on this morning, I was unable to make a connection (Network Cable Unplugged, and I checked the Ethernet settings to ensure that my static IP address was properly configured).
Pinging it was of no use, nor 30/30/30ing or Hard Resetting. I'm a bit directionless and would appreciate some help.
In regards to the LEDs, they are not blinking and (seemingly) randomly switch between which are on whenever I turn on the router.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
But we have no clue what build you flashed, upgraded to, etc. Could be that you bricked your router... did you read the Peacock thread?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MrLizard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for responding to my thread kernel-panic69. I did take a look at the Peacock thread, but perhaps not as thoroughly as I should have.
I downloaded the resources from these links and used them for the conversion process:
-https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/WRT54GS2V1%20Flashing/VxWorksKiller-GS2V1.bin
-https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/11-03-2020-r44715/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin

I tried another reset / leaving it on for a while and it is still in the same state it was before (LEDs illuminate with no reaction / unable to ping / no Wi-Fi access point)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wiki links you to a specific initial flash file; Otherwise, 44715 shouldn't have bricked it, but who knows.

You will probably have to try TFTP recovery / recover from a bad flash.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MrLizard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your guidance. I will return with an update. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: