Reconnect to primary router on Client mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Anoopnk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:11    Post subject: Reconnect to primary router on Client mode Reply with quote
Router: Netgear R6800(DD-WRT v3.0-r48128 std (01/16/22))

I did a clean install (factory reset during update).

I've my router in Client (2.4GHz) mode. One problem I constantly face is the this connection is dropped and it won't connect back to the primary router. IP is 0.0.0.0. This also happen when I press "Apply changes" in some pages and I'm forced to reboot the router for it to connect.

Is there a way for it to connect when it drops? I tried DHCP renew in the WAN.Status page and didn't help.
Or a script to reconnect when there is no connection?

Thanks.
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
What happens if you disable the radio for a fews seconds, then re-enable it (on the wireless page)?

If that works, and if the routers supports that functionality on the command line (it's does for Broadcom routers using the wl command, I don't know about MediaTek routers like the R6800), you could probably script a fix on that basis.

If such a feature is not available, you can use the built-in watchdog script (Administration->Keep Alive) to reboot on the loss of the connection.

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
Anoopnk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Disabling and reenabling after few minutes still does not establish connection to the AP. As well as the wl command was not found on the router.

I'll enable the watchdog script. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: