[SOLVED]Bridging problem with OpenVpn tunnel

Goto page Previous  1, 2
zhuli66
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 13:11    Post subject: Re: Exception routing settings in OpenVpn Reply with quote
Has anyone encountered the same problem?
Sponsor
zhuli66
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw someone in another forum with the same problem. His solution is not to set it on the router management interface, but to connect the SSH channel of the router through SecureCRT, and enter a large command script to achieve.
However, he uses the IP segment to distinguish which traffic goes through the VPN channel, and the other traffic goes through the WAN channel. So his method is not suitable for me, I need to go through the VPN tunnel through the unbridged VAP.
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have anything in the Additional Config field?

The one time I recall seeing this problem where PBR was active, but all the traffic always went through the VPN anyway was when the user (at the direction of the VPN provider) was told to add the following to the Additional Config field.

Code:
redirect-gateway def1

When using PBR, the router ignores this pushed directive by the server. But if YOU include it on the OpenVPN client in the Additional Config field, now *everything* will be routed over the VPN, regardless what you have specified in the PBR field.

Admittedly I'm just guessing here, it's a longshot, but you've been at this for days, so I thought it worth mentioning.

Might help as well to dump the main and 10 routing tables to make sure they are setup correctly.

Code:
ip route show table main
ip route show table 10

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
zhuli66
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
Do you have anything in the Additional Config field?

The one time I recall seeing this problem where PBR was active, but all the traffic always went through the VPN anyway was when the user (at the direction of the VPN provider) was told to add the following to the Additional Config field.

Code:
redirect-gateway def1

When using PBR, the router ignores this pushed directive by the server. But if YOU include it on the OpenVPN client in the Additional Config field, now *everything* will be routed over the VPN, regardless what you have specified in the PBR field.

Admittedly I'm just guessing here, it's a longshot, but you've been at this for days, so I thought it worth mentioning.

Might help as well to dump the main and 10 routing tables to make sure they are setup correctly.

Code:
ip route show table main
ip route show table 10

Thank you so much, you said the right reason, I have solved the problem now.
Thank you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: