New Build - 12/30/2021 - r47942

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:41    Post subject: New Build - 12/30/2021 - r47942 Reply with quote
Welcome to MediaTek r47942 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers & community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: HTTPS, FTP

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (http only) or 'curl -O {file URL}' (http, https, ftp). 'write {file} linux' then 'reboot'.

Trac SVN: repository since last build r47925 (mirror)

OpenVPN 2.5.5: Changelog, Guides, Server, PBR, DNS, Kill Switch, Watchdog, Reverse PBR, Client, Multiple, tips & scripts.
WireGuard 1.0.20211208/Tools: Changelog, Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, tips and scripts. Thanks BS & egc!

Notes:
• Support added Netgear AC2100, AC2400, R6220, R6260, R6350, R6700v2, R6800, R6850, R7450, WAC124, WNDR3700v5.
MiniDLNA, CoovaChilli, Privoxy, iperf3, CAKE, FreeRADIUS, dnsmasq, Unbound, Tor, Squid, Asterisk, OpenSSL, BusyBox, SmartDNS, curl, ProFTPD, mac80211
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.4.2+++) guest behavior now selectable. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver+++
CVE-2020-26147, CVE-2020-24586, CVE-2020-24587 & CVE-2020-24588 fragattack fixed.
• 'Assign WAN port to Switch' gone, set Connection Type Disabled. • WebUI MAC Filtering (47184-47205). • Sputnik removed.
• 'Ignore WAN DNS' also ignores WAN domain. • Milkfish removed.
New DD-WRT inspired themes conversion by the-joker & BrainSlayer, micro builds excluded, see UI theme test info thread.
• 401 bad request: Ethernet WebUI -> Wireless -> Basic Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Wireless GUI Access Enable, Save

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Gremlins: reset & configure manually, not restore a backup. Reboot. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
VA1DER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model / Version: NETGEAR R6700v2
File: r6700v2-webflash.bin
Firmware: 47942 std (12/30/21)
Previous: 47925
Reset: No
Mode: Client-Bridge
Uptime: 2 days
Services: telnet, Entware's Dropbear SSH daemon, local-built syncthing
Issues / Errors: Client-bridge mode still requires a poke to work but functions well after.
Misc: Newly enabled swap works flawlessly.

Happy new year and thank-you to all the team for the builds that keep coming.
Flappjakk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 16:13    Post subject: Netgear r7450 Reply with quote
I'd like to flash this on my Netgear r7450, but I don't want to have to manually reconfigure everything. Can I flash over r47911 without having to reset?
VA1DER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 16:49    Post subject: Re: New Build - 12/30/2021 - r47942 Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.

Please follow the above in the future. This thread is for reports of whether or not a build works, not for support.

Check your PM
turbowells
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Trendnet TEW-810DR
File: dlink-dir810lb1-webflash.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47942 std (12/30/21)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d11 #11715 Thu Dec 30 10:16:28 +07 2021 mips
Mode: Gateway/OpenVPN client
Previous: r47644
Reset?: N
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 15:31    Post subject: Re: Netgear r7450 Reply with quote
Flappjakk wrote:
I'd like to flash this on my Netgear r7450, but I don't want to have to manually reconfigure everything. Can I flash over r47911 without having to reset?

Yes, you can. "Kurt" doesn't seem to understand a couple of things. First, he's not a moderator or admin and second, PM discussion does not help the community at large (see forum rules and guidelines). Please return tray to upright position, lol.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Flappjakk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Funny, I was wondering why I was being scolded by a "DD-WRT Novice". It's OK though, let's assume Va1der ("Kurt"?) had good intentions. He did PM me saying he thought it would be OK.

I'll try to get back to this for an upgrade, but it might not matter now as there are already newer versions.
VA1DER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
<sigh> I really don't like to get involved in meta discussions since they rarely help, but this bears some fleshing out.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
Yes, you can. "Kurt" doesn't seem to understand

First of all, "Kurt" understands quite well. And I'll thank you to understand we are not on a first name basis. If you insist on using my real name here, I'll go my Mr. Fitzner to you, if you please. Otherwise, you are welcome to use my forum handle like everyone else (which is simply my ham radio callsign). I will also refer you to section 1 Foxtrot of this forum's privacy policy.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
PM discussion does not help the community at large

Agreed. But as you (very) well know the answer to his question is already in about a million places in this very forum. And you also knew that I knew that because it's in threads we have both participated in. Not wanting to hit him with a RYFM bat, I answered his question and properly did it out of the thread that was designated as not being for questions. The forum is not poorer for the information not having been in this thread.

Flappjakk wrote:
I was wondering why I was being scolded...

I do apologize to you for the tone. I meant to explain in the PM, but didn't and that was unfortunate. The tone was, to be honest, a bit intentional. This forum is somewhat bad for people jumping on you for posting a question in the wrong place, or for people getting beaten with RYFM bats for asking some questions at all. I wrote what I did with the hope that if I did it in a minorly reproving tone that it would avoid some of the real sharks coming along and issuing a real beating to someone who seemed new.

Flappjakk wrote:
...by a "DD-WRT Novice"

Those are just flags of the number of posts a person has made in this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: