Change Web UI Default Width

JackPollack
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 19:03    Post subject: Change Web UI Default Width Reply with quote
I mostly access the web UI from a computer running at 1280 X 1024. The UI page is about 10% wider then my screen width so the info in the upper right (WAN IP, load, etc) and the help links are off screen.

I know I can scroll or change the page zoom to 90% but prefer the bigger text. I tried some of the different themes but those appear to only be color related.

Any way to set the default width to a bit smaller? I think V2 was all on my screen.

I realize this is totally nit picky but thought I would ask
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont think you can have one without the other with how the UI is currently, the width of the UI is correlated to the font-size set.

Ive tried hacking around a solution that would allow the font size to stay and the width to be fluid, but it really doesn't want to work without breaking many other things.

Problem is in part, browsers dont respect the font-size set on websites and there is no way to make them ignore the browser font size and use what is defined on e.g. a website.

In any case I have come up with a solution to reduce the font-size but this will require you to install a browser extension called stylus

See https://github.com/openstyles/stylus#releases

Then you must install a custom theme that I created for this and stylus must be installed first in order the installation of the style into stylus is initiated automatically and only requiring you to confirm the installation of the style.

Once that is done click this link -> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/the-j0k3r/a3212b8c32b30fecc87a10c0584764cb/raw/d805a1613b90bfe0eb213a80b32e07c76f503e0d/dd-wrt-custom-font-size.user.styl

If you dont install stylus and click the link you will only be redirected to the raw gist, nothing else will happen.

Once the style is installed the default size is 70% if this still doens't resolve it for you you can further reduce it to e.g. 69%, but you can use any valid font size units used by CSS.

Click the stylus icon on browser and select the cog icon after the name of the style.

That's all I can do for now, sorry.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't know what kind of mucked up configuration you have on your PC, but I have to zoom in on nearly every PC or laptop I access the webUI with - including 13" laptops, FFS. So, it's probably your browser's settings that's mucking things up here, not the webUI.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:23    Post subject: Re: Change Web UI Default Width Reply with quote
JackPollack wrote:
I mostly access the web UI from a computer running at 1280 X 1024.
CRT monitor? =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: