Image of Serial Connection to EA2700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
varidian wrote:
Oh I see, no it did come with usb to serial adapter, and that's good to know about the wires. It tells me which is what on the usb adapter, but the wires don't tell me what's ground, tx, and rx. How can I tell?

Pick a coloured of your choice, write downs it colour on a paper and write GND. Connect one end of the wire to the pin marked GND on your usb-serial adapter, connect the other end of the wire to the GND pin on the router (you have been given the pin numbers in a post further up in this thread).

Pick a different coloured wired, write down its colour on a paper and write TX. Connect one end of the wire to the pin marked TX on your usb-serial adapter, connect the other end of the wire to the RX pin on the router (you have been given the pin numbers in a post further up in this thread).

Pick a different coloured wired, write down its colour on a paper and write RX. Connect one end of the wire to the pin marked RX on your usb-serial adapter, connect the other end of the wire to the TX pin on the router (you have been given the pin numbers in a post further up in this thread).

He didn't buy an adapter. Only wires....

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this is an old post, but was this recovery successful? I'm trying to restore one of these right now and having trouble. I think the boot loader is corrupt. I didn't have a way to use a serial connection, and used a burner. Is there anyway to restore the boot loader? Manufacturer was no help. I was going to try this method now that I have a new NAND chip on the board with a copy of the old chip. (I'm waiting on a USB to serial adapter to arrive).
s-a-g-b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I connected a USB to TTL adapter to the connection pins and started a terminal program and I get nothing. All the drivers are installed for it. I have RX to TX and TX to RX and Ground to Ground. VCC not connected because the router board is supplying the power. If I type at the console the green light flickers to indicate that data was sent. But all I have is a blank terminal window with a flashing cursor. I previously had the NAND chip off the board to copy it to a new NAND chip. The new NAND chip is currently on the board. I was getting "firmware error" codes with the original chip so incase it had bad segments I replaced the chip hoping that I could successfully flash the updated firmware to the new NAND. I no longer get any status light at all.

I'm thinking that the router's processor is dead.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have your serial terminal program configured properly?

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=323931

All you should have had to do was either enter management mode (if applicable) and flash stock firmware or trailed mini build *OR* TFTP flash it *OR* do serial recovery. There was likely no need to remove the flash chip. You may have to JTAG recover your router.

At some point, people just get plain tired of this place.
Because they are tired of bottom-feeders and the same old hat.

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: