Netgear R6400v2 electric diagram needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Mzejk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 21:37    Post subject: Netgear R6400v2 electric diagram needed Reply with quote
Hello
My Netgear R6400v2 suddenly stopped working. It`s not powering on,no LEDs blinks/ligths whatsoever.
I`ve checked PSU with no success so I`ve stripped down the rig.
One of the coils is not powered, voltage is 0V.
Is there any chance to get electric diagram for this router?
Thanks in advance
Sponsor
mono
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Old topic but in case someone else has this problem...

When you wrote one of the coils isn't powered, I assume you mean, others are, not that this was just the first thing you checked and potentially there is power nowhere? If there is power nowhere, I would check for a blown fuse, or resistor-as-fuse, or inductor, or polarity protection diode on the input.

Next to each coil, should be a SOIC-8, or maybe SOIC-6 chip, switching regulator. It's probably fried, get the manufacturer markings off it, get datasheet, find power in/out pins and see if it's getting power.

There is also a chance it fried because whatever it is powering, failed to a shorted condition, or when it failed, it fried whatever it was powering, or it is still fine but shutting down due to the short downstream, but, the best guess is replace that SOIC chip and see if that's enough.

If no power is getting to it upstream (towards rear socket), trace the circuit and use strong light and a magnifying glass to look for visual clues, and probe for power with a multimeter.

How did you check the PSU? Sometimes they can output the right voltage with no load, but can't maintain it under load, or have terrible ripple due to capacitor failure. I'd try a different PSU of same voltage, same or higher current rating, maybe even one 500mA lower current rating would work as long as you aren't using the USB port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: