[PATCHED] QAM256 missing for 2.4ghz on R9000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
sumbuddie wrote:
Again, I started experiencing this issue after build v.02-06-2021-r45690 - was fine prior.

Can you narrow down to exactly which is the last working build, or first broken for your specific clients?

Trac SVN Timeline mid January https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7311 https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7338
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
So with build DD-WRT v3.0-r47865 std (12/17/21) turboacam is back to UI broadcom side.

Seems Asus/Broadcom like to be difficult just because it keeps their product managers employed or whatever is their excuse, not impressed.

So patch 47859 works.

Moving on to other things

Thanks for the useful feedback and take care.

Signing off..

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
sumbuddie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
What are these clients that can't connect?

You wrote in an earlier post "some clients can't connect"

Different clients experience trouble connecting - multiple Android phones/tablets and Google Nest Minis. Haven't tried a PC/Notebook though.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
turbo qam 256 is a non standard feature. not all clients will support it. so dont use it if your client isnt capable of doing it. regarding older builds. in some older builds turboqam was not working due a bug which i just fixed recently. i just tested turboqam on 9980 and 9984 this morning with my iphone and it worked.
known working chipsets are ralink/mediatek, broadcom and for qca chipsets only in theory. depends on the driver implementation of the vendor. qca does allow it. but linux/mac80211 does not support it. in fact qam256 has been removed from mac80211 and ath10k in official version. in dd-wrt i reimplemented it some years ago

so if you cannot handle "non standard" features. please dont use it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Can you narrow down to exactly which is the last working build, or first broken for your specific clients?

If I were to guess, I'd pick build 45687 as the key change since it reflects a Kernel update ( https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/45687 ). However, without access to the intermediate builds, I couldn't say for sure.

With that said:

BrainSlayer wrote:
turbo qam 256 is a non standard feature. not all clients will support it. so dont use it if your client isnt capable of doing it. regarding older builds. in some older builds turboqam was not working due a bug which i just fixed recently. i just tested turboqam on 9980 and 9984 this morning with my iphone and it worked.
known working chipsets are ralink/mediatek, broadcom and for qca chipsets only in theory. depends on the driver implementation of the vendor. qca does allow it. but linux/mac80211 does not support it. in fact qam256 has been removed from mac80211 and ath10k in official version. in dd-wrt i reimplemented it some years ago

so if you cannot handle "non standard" features. please dont use it

Thank you BS. I suppose when it was "working" with the older builds, perhaps it wasn't working at all! The Android phone I'm using has a Snapdragon 865 chipset which (I'd think) is pretty standard - I guess it's possible the implementation of its drivers could be flawed as well.

Looking into it a bit more and also found this which might be relevant (or irrelevant - LOL): https://forum.openwrt.org/t/802-11r-troubleshooting-ath9k-ath10k/49691

Thanks again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: