Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:39 Post subject: New Build - 12/02/2021 - r47720
Welcome to Broadcom r47720 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers & community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in WebUIbut v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. See Trac ticket #6246.
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices (only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work
in some configurations for certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Try client or repeater modes, but YMMV.
• VAPs not working at bootwas fixed for unbridged VAPs (40562-40566). Effective startup commands: see discussion thread.
• If startup scripts do not work from USB add delay (wait script), sleep 25 or try Administration -> Commands -> Save USB.
• Broadcom ARM devices if 5 GHz channels are missingvia Telnet/SSH: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'reboot'.
• Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Gremlins: reset & configure manually, not restore a backup. Reboot. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.
Router/Version: EA-6350 - Broadcom Northstar
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47720 std (12/02/21)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.292 #4445 SMP Wed Nov 17 13:06:24 +07 2021 armv7
Update Method: GUI
Issues/Errors: None, except as explained below.
Great work. Thanks to all who contributed and make this great firmware.
One issue that has annoyed me is that if the router is rebooted, wl0 (2.4GHz) is either not broadcast or reverts to Wireless Security "Disabled" (although the GUI still shows Radio is "On" and "WPA2-PSK"). The Wireless Security GUI "Apply Settings" button must be pressed to enable wl0 and the encryption for wl0. This is not a new issue and has been present in older builds.
The following nvram listings seem relevant. Seems after a reboot, nvram is reset as shown, but the GUI is showing the correct encryption setting. After applying the GUI settings, the nvram shows the correct settings and encryption is enabled. Also, since this router required a custom CFE, it's possible the initial nvram values come from the CFE values. My assumption is that once set, the nvram values should not change on reboot.
After reboot, nvram shows:
After pressing "Apply Settings" under Wireless Security, nvram shows:
@rodgerwheat: Ok, I have to ask, since I can't seem to find it in your 6 posts. Are you using XWRT-Vortex CFE on your router?
Also would help to know which browser you are using and if you are using private browsing mode with no add-ons or extensions loaded that may cause issues.
I would say Xvortex not XWRT-Vortex was used and I'm using Firefox browser with no unusual add-ons.
Here is the procedure I used to create and load the CFE:
You must run CFEEdit and change the following variables:
hw_mac_addr from routers label
serial_number from routers label
tc_passphrase from devinfo or nvram
tc_ssid from devinfo or nvram
uuid_key from devinfo or nvram
manufacturer_date from devinfo or nvram
and then save.
Load dd-wrt for EA6350 through TFTP
See How to Load through TFTP.txt
1. Rename the Xvortex CFE to 1.bin
2. Enable SSHd under Services tab in dd-wrt gui
Enable SSHd in Services, Secure Shell
Enable SSH Management in Administration
3. Use WinSCP to connect to the router by using SCP protocol
Change protocol to SCP, Port 22
Enter router address (ex. 192.168.8.1) for Host
Enter User name "root" and Password router password "xxxx"
4. Transfer the file with WinSCP from your computer into the /tmp folder of the router
5. Open Terminal under Commands tab in WinSCP, enter:
mtd write -f /tmp/1.bin boot
then press Execute
Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 12837 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:39 Post subject:
@rodgerwheat: If it was edited to run XWRT-Vortex/AsusWRT-Merlin, and not to continue being a native EA6350, that's probably part of the problem. Also, if you don't have the latest fixed version of the CFE file to edit, there may also be issues. Sir @egc and others know more about this than I do, but that is possibly part of why this is happening. _________________ "Life is but a fleeting moment, a vapor that vanishes quickly; All is vanity"
Pogo - A minimal level of ability is expected and needed... At some point, people just get plain tired of this place.
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
@rodgerwheat: If it was edited to run XWRT-Vortex/AsusWRT-Merlin, and not to continue being a native EA6350, that's probably part of the problem. Also, if you don't have the latest fixed version of the CFE file to edit, there may also be issues. Sir @egc and others know more about this than I do, but that is possibly part of why this is happening.
kernel-paninc69..Thanks for the reply. The custom CFE is probably the problem. Although the NVRAM values set with the modified CFE do not include "wl0_crypto", the CFE program may clear this value. The EA6350 is a good router, but it may be time to find a router that does not require CFE modification.
Was the default font size changed? In my opinion the fonts @status_router.asp look a little bit bigger than in prev. releases.
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47720 std (12/02/21) (prev. DD-WRT v3.0-r47692 std (11/28/21))
Kernel: Linux 4.4.293 #4519 SMP Thu Dec 2 04:55:15 +07 2021 armv7l
Mode: Gateway, SFE disabled, Wifi disabled, Wireguard for external access, WAN to DSL, Keep Alive reboot 5:00 in the morning
Status: Ok, installed 1h ago.
Router/Version: Asus RT-N66U
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47720 big (12/02/21) (prev. DD-WRT v3.0-r47692 big (11/28/21))
Kernel: Linux 4.4.293 #12748 Thu Dec 2 06:01:27 +07 2021 mips
Mode: Gateway, SFE disabled, Wifi disabled, WAN disabled, Wireguard Endpoint for external VPS, connected via LAN to R7800, Keep Alive reboot 6:05 in the morning
Status: Ok, installed 1h ago.
Router/Version: Buffalo WZR 1750 DHP
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47720 mega (12/02/21)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.293 #12752 Thu Dec 2 06:06:24 +07 2021
Mode: Wireless Access Point