need help Setting QoS via command line (telnet or ssh)

aniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 19:19    Post subject: need help Setting QoS via command line (telnet or ssh) Reply with quote
I have read on this post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1047158#1047158 that "QoS on the DD-WRT is broken via GUI" i need help setting up Services Priority, Interface Priority, Netmask Priority, etc trought telnet or ssh, please i need help

also after trying htb/fq_codel, discovered that it is not giving me full ul speed (does not work as supposed to),then tried codel and pie, found they work as intended, however when i tried to enable TCP-Packet Priority (SYN, FIN, RST), Services Priority and some Netmask Priority im not able to access my home server (http and ftp). also im trying to use htb/pie under qos because i discovered/think that it is more efficient than fq_codel but now it has messed all up, because i can not access my home server (http). ftp is not working as well, please help

attached is an screenshot of my http home server error when i tried to log in.
im trying to have torrents running at full speed while prioritizing ftp upload and gaming (ps4), thank you in advance

Router Information

System
Router NameDD-WRT
Router ModelLinksys E2500
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r30631 mega (09/14/16)
Kernel VersionLinux 3.10.103 #14213 Wed Sep 14 13:08:06 CEST 2016 mips

Last edited by aniel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 23:33; edited 4 times in total
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check this wiki on QoS: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service and see if it helps or not.
aniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Check this wiki on QoS: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service and see if it helps or not.

thank you for the reply, i read the qos wiki but no useful info, the funny thing is that it was working couple weeks back, i did some changes to my dd wrt but idk what is causing the issues please i needing help with this. im trying to have torrents running at full speed while prioritizing ftp upload and gaming (ps4), thank you in advance
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you mean QoS setting was working a couple of weeks ago until you made some setting changes recently? If so, can you undo those changes?

BTW, I found that you have make many posts on the same issue on various sub-forum even the Atheros which E2500 doesn't belong as it has a Broadcom chip. Even worse, you post it on a New build thread. The purpose of the New build thread is for people to report good and bad of a New build and it is not for seeking help or fixing any issues. Hence, I have removed your post on that thread. Please note double posting is not cool and multiple posting is very bad. There are many reasons why nobody reply to your post, it could be because of insufficient information for others to understand your issue or nobody know the answer to your question.

What is good to keep tracking many threads to see if you get a reply?

Anyway, let me know which post you would like to keep and I will remove the rest of the other posts. If I don't get a reply from you within a couple of day, I will keep this thread and remove the other posts.
aniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Do you mean QoS setting was working a couple of weeks ago until you made some setting changes recently? If so, can you undo those changes?

BTW, I found that you have make many posts on the same issue on various sub-forum even the Atheros which E2500 doesn't belong as it has a Broadcom chip. Even worse, you post it on a New build thread. The purpose of the New build thread is for people to report good and bad of a New build and it is not for seeking help or fixing any issues. Hence, I have removed your post on that thread. Please note double posting is not cool and multiple posting is very bad. There are many reasons why nobody reply to your post, it could be because of insufficient information for others to understand your issue or nobody know the answer to your question.

What is good to keep tracking many threads to see if you get a reply?

Anyway, let me know which post you would like to keep and I will remove the rest of the other posts. If I don't get a reply from you within a couple of day, I will keep this thread and remove the other posts.

do whatever u want im just trying to get help, if you need more info, idk what other info i can provide o how i can explain the issue im having, regarding me making some change, yes i did but i also factory reset it and issue still happening which is driving me crazy [/img]
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can see that you are desperate for a solution but keep starting new thread won't help and your act is like spamming the forum.

Lets start over and understand your situation. You have a E2500 and would like to use QoS. Can you explain a little bit why? Are you trying to limit some users from taking the bandwidth? Are you trying to limit some programs from taking the bandwidth so that other programs can get more bandwidth? We need to understand what is your current situation, your setup, what you like to achieve and what you have tried? What works and what not? After we get the whole picture, someone may come up with a solution to meet your need.

BTW, do you have other router besides E2500?
aniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
I can see that you are desperate for a solution but keep starting new thread won't help and your act is like spamming the forum.

Lets start over and understand your situation. You have a E2500 and would like to use QoS. Can you explain a little bit why? Are you trying to limit some users from taking the bandwidth? Are you trying to limit some programs from taking the bandwidth so that other programs can get more bandwidth? We need to understand what is your current situation, your setup, what you like to achieve and what you have tried? What works and what not? After we get the whole picture, someone may come up with a solution to meet your need.

BTW, do you have other router besides E2500?

“You have a E2500 and would like to use QoS. Can you explain a little bit why?”: I’m trying to have torrents running at full speed while prioritizing ftp upload and gaming (ps4)
“Are you trying to limit some users from taking the bandwidth?”: no
“Are you trying to limit some programs from taking the bandwidth so that other programs can get more bandwidth?”: kind of or yes, I’m trying to have torrents running at full speed while prioritizing ftp upload and gaming (ps4) (preferable would dd-wrt to prioritize ftp request over torrent)
“We need to understand what is your current situation, your setup, what you like to achieve and what you have tried?”: I’m trying to have torrents running at full speed while prioritizing ftp upload and gaming (ps4), I’m using asus ac68u latest beta build. It was working perfectly fine with htb/fq_codel. But I did some changes to ddwrt, such as enabling upnp, changed Router GUI Style to orange and I can’t remember if did some more, the issue appear, but in my opinion those changes do not make any difference because I have reset ddwrt to its default and retry and issue still happening.
“What works and what not?”: everything works except for the issue I’m having
“After we get the whole picture, someone may come up with a solution to meet your need.”: I hope
“BTW, do you have other router besides E2500?”: ac68u as main, but couple others.
also after trying htb/fq_codel, discovered that it is not giving me full ul speed, then tried htb/ pie, found they work as intended, however when i tried to enable TCP-Packet Priority (SYN, FIN, RST), Services Priority and some Netmask Priority FTP server softwere is keecking me out after 10 minutes or so (went ahead and diable idle account timeout) issue still happening. also I’m trying to use htb/pie under qos because i discovered/think that it is more efficient than fq_codel in my opinion, I have done some test. That is why I’m saying this but I could be wrong.
Steps that I did in the pass days, change ddwrt password, have tried disabling pc antivirus, tried a different ftp software…. Same issue. Testing now with changed ddwrt password, will report back.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
So you have three items, torrent, ftp and PS4. PS4 will have its own IP. How about torrent and ftp? Are they on the same PC or different PC? If they are on the same PC, then you have to differentiate them by port ranging. And you probably want to assign maximum priority to both ftp and PS4 (I am not sure if setting both devices at maximum is a good idea, may be Premium is better) and may be Express or lower priority for torrent. Is my understanding correct and/or align with your plan?

Since QoS requires CPU power and E2500 is kind of weak with its 300MHz CPU, so I recommend that you discard the E2500 and concentrate on RT-AC68U which has a more powerful CPU.

I still think all you need is to follow this wiki that I mentioned previously: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service

Make sure you follow the wiki thoroughly especially the Initial Setup. As mentioned on the wiki, if you don't set the available bandwidth correctly, i.e. if setting too high, QoS will not work as expected.

Hope you have everything sorted out! At the same time, hope others with more knowledge on QoS can chime in as well.
aniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
edit: changing ddwrt password did not work, right now i'm trying to isolate issue, next steps to do are, tried qos disable which i'm sure is not giving me that issue, and also gonna try asus official firmware, and yes i'm focusing on the ac68u

attached is photo of my qos.

Last edited by aniel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 23:33; edited 1 time in total
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right! Disable QoS and make sure the router is behaving properly without QoS.

BTW, what is the speedtest result without QoS for both downlink and uplink?

Oh, btw, please always limit the picture to 800 pixels wide by either scaling it down or trim out the background by using program like Paint.
aniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Right! Disable QoS and make sure the router is behaving properly without QoS.

BTW, what is the speedtest result without QoS for both downlink and uplink?

Oh, btw, please always limit the picture to 800 pixels wide by either scaling it down or trim out the background by using program like Paint.

after doing lots of test and trial and error, found this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53879&view=next&sid=df170e01efcf85fdf3ffafd32537de11 which i believe is the issue i'm having. thank you for your support

edit: still having issue, i'm still trying
edit: here is a log of the issue i believe i'm having

Warning: Selected port (210) is not the default port (21) of the selected protocol.
Warning: The entered address does not resolve to an IPv6 address.
Reply: 220 Serv-U FTP Server v15.1 ready...
Command: CLNT https://ftptest.net on behalf of 73.23.
Reply: 200 Noted.
Command: AUTH TLS
Reply: 234 AUTH command OK. Initializing SSL connection.
Status: cert[0]: subject='C=US,ST=WI,L=Helenville,O=Rhino Software\5c, Inc.,OU=Software Development,CN=ftp.Serv-U.com' issuer='C=US,ST=WI,L=Helenville,O=Rhino Software\5c, Inc.,OU=Software Development,CN=ftp.Serv-U.com'
Command: USER friends
Reply: 331 User name okay, need password.
Command: PASS ******
Reply: 230 User logged in, proceed.
Command: SYST
Reply: 215 UNIX Type: L8
Command: FEAT
Reply: 211-Extensions supported
Reply: UTF8
Reply: OPTS MODE;MLST;UTF8
Reply: CLNT
Reply: CSID Name; Version;
Reply: HOST domain
Reply: SITE PSWD;SET;ZONE;CHMOD;MSG;EXEC;HELP
Reply: AUTH TLS;SSL;TLS-C;TLS-P;
Reply: PBSZ
Reply: PROT
Reply: CCC
Reply: SSCN
Reply: RMDA directoryname
Reply: DSIZ
Reply: AVBL
Reply: EPRT
Reply: EPSV
Reply: MODE Z
Reply: THMB BMP|JPEG|GIF|TIFF|PNG max_width max_height pathname
Reply: REST STREAM
Reply: SIZE
Reply: MDTM
Reply: MDTM YYYYMMDDHHMMSS[+-TZ];filename
Reply: MFMT
Reply: MFCT
Reply: MFF Create;Modify;
Reply: XCRC filename;start;end
Reply: XMD5 filename;start;end
Reply: XSHA1 filename;start;end
Reply: XSHA256 filename;start;end
Reply: XSHA512 filename;start;end
Reply: COMB target;source_list
Reply: MLST Type*;Size*;Create;Modify*;Perm;Win32.ea;Win32.dt;Win32.dl
Reply: 211 End (for details use "HELP commmand" where command is the command of interest)
Command: PBSZ 0
Reply: 200 PBSZ command OK. Protection buffer size set to 0.
Command: PROT P
Reply: 200 PROT command OK. Using private data connection.
Command: PWD
Reply: 257 "/" is current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Reply: 200 Type set to I.
Command: PASV
Reply: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,103,175,200)
Error: Server returned unroutable private IP address in PASV reply
inetquestion
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 19:03    Post subject: what was resolution? Reply with quote
[quote="aniel"]edit: changing ddwrt password did not work, right now i'm trying to isolate issue, next steps to do are, tried qos disable which i'm sure is not giving me that issue, and also gonna try asus official firmware, and yes i'm focusing on the ac68u

attached is photo of my qos.[/quote]

Curious, did you resolved the issue/question with QOS? I'm getting something similar with SSH accepting authentication and then hanging. Many of the threads on that topics are pointing to QOS related problems as well.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
And so much has changed in the scope of what is under the hood in DD-WRT since this thread was posted related to QoS. Not to mention that these folks have probably long since left the building and may not return to answer your question. On what build and router are you having your issues?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: