a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17    Post subject: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
i want a such version.i thinks ddwrt is closed soure code.where can i find it.
Sponsor
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
nanvanu1 wrote:

Doesnt need, you can do everything by yourself just by playing with web ui, google it and you will find many tutorials how to do it!!
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:11    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
nanvanu1 wrote:

Doesnt need, you can do everything by yourself just by playing with web ui, google it and you will find many tutorials how to do it!!

i dont find it.i finned longly
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:13    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
labrok wrote:
nanvanu1 wrote:

i want move unneeded parkages
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
i run the last build on my 740v1 47581 and it runs well, if you set client mode as it should...it must run ok on yours...no need of more hassle or going to the moon...
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
i run the last build on my 740v1 47581 and it runs well, if you set client mode as it should...it must run ok on yours...no need of more hassle or going to the moon...

howmany free ram and cpu rate used
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
nanvanu1 wrote:
Alozaros wrote:

howmany free ram and cpu rate used

Do you understand this question is not comparable, as you didn't mention router mode, services running and ect, more over my router has different CPU... Razz

for client mode you can test it by yourself...on my router 47581 is running ok, you can see what im using it for in my signature.... Rolling Eyes Wink

Do in mind if you keep asking such a questions, very likely you will be passed either to a pogo thread or Murrkf thread...better read forum guidelines first and stop asking for non existing stuff...nobody can do a personal build just for you, because you badly want it...
DDWRT is free software with only one developer and those routers like your are out of sight...not much developing, nor anyone is using those to report anything about... you can do all the testing by yourself...
more to read https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:26    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
nanvanu1 wrote:

DD-WRT is not closed source, you can get the source at https://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser

There are routers that use binary blobs like Broadcom, if you take issue with this, complain to Broadcom themselves.

I dont think anyone here will compile anything for you specifically, Simply because if your router is supported, there is nothing to be done FW side, its a configuration only job.

nanvanu1 wrote:

This is not a bloatware situation, you would gain nothing by doing this.

I recommend you read through wiki and other stickies, make yourself familiar with DD-WRT, learn something relevant to what you want to do and go from there.

Good luck and be well.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 14:59    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
nanvanu1 wrote:

DD-WRT is not closed source, you can get the source at https://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser

There are routers that use binary blobs like Broadcom, if you take issue with this, complain to Broadcom themselves.

I dont think anyone here will compile anything for you specifically, Simply because if your router is supported, there is nothing to be done FW side, its a configuration only job.

nanvanu1 wrote:

I recommend you read through wiki and other stickies, make yourself familiar with DD-WRT, learn something relevant to what you want to do and go from there.

Good luck and be well.

I UNDERSTANDED.CPU HAVE ONLY 400MHZ NEEDNT MANY RAM
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Atheros does not have native repeater support by default. Your device is a 4MB flash device. There's not much else to strip out of the firmware to keep it functional. Refusing to accept reality is not going to get you very far.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:30    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
nanvanu1 wrote:

nanvanu1 wrote:

Good luck and be well.

why openwrt can be customized easily?.beacause it is open?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because OpenWRT doesn't have the same exact functionality and included features by default; this frees up flash space for you to configure you router's firmware to your liking. It's also a pain in the ass to upgrade because you have to reinstall the packages if you add any. Quite honestly, your router still wouldn't have much flash space saved, and it doesn't affect the larger picture of how much free RAM you have. #beatthishorseitsnotdeadenoughyet
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:38    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
nanvanu1 wrote:

Openwrt is a different firmware, like Tomato is also different from Openwrt or DD-WRT.

Each firmware has similar traits in common maybe even share some code in places, but invariably they are not the same.

The best thing for you is the use the best firmware solution for your device and what you are trying todo, and which firmware is more stable for that purpose on your target machine.

Because, you dont know which firmware is better, the only thing todo, is test each and find out which works better for your purpose and your target machine.

IMO you will be better served by spending time on this, then trying to remove functionality from the firmware because you think somehow this is a solution for you at this stage.

Consider the pros and cons, consider your knowledge as is at this moment and consider that its more likely for you to get a result this way, than what you believe is the better approach which is to recompile firmware.

Or ignore me and everyone else's advice and try to get the result you want by doing what you want.

In any case, good luck and be well.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:43    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
nanvanu1 wrote:

Openwrt is a different firmware, like Tomato is also different from Openwrt or DD-WRT.

Each firmware has similar traits in common maybe even share some code in places, but invariably they are not the same.

The best thing for you is the use the best firmware solution for your device and what you are trying todo, and which firmware is more stable for that purpose on your target machine.

Because, you dont know which firmware is better, the only thing todo, is test each and find out which works better for your purpose and your target machine.

IMO you will be better served by spending time on this, then trying to remove functionality from the firmware because you think somehow this is a solution for you at this stage.

Consider the pros and cons, consider your knowledge as is at this moment and consider that its more likely for you to get a result this way, than what you believe is the better approach which is to recompile firmware.

Or ignore me and everyone else's advice and try to get the result you want by doing what you want.

what is IMO.i cannt understand
i think. i do not know how to move package.i tired because it
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:49    Post subject: Re: a custom ddwrt version only for repeater or client brige Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
nanvanu1 wrote:

can you help me?.i do not know about linux
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: