WAP no internet on vlan and vap on newer builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
InfoCGagn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great! Thanks for the details this will help for sure. =)
Sponsor
InfoCGagn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
@egc Still nothing, it worked for you so something is wrong on my side. I think my ISP router, the Bell Home Hub 3000 still interfers somehow with the wap even if it's just used as a modem behind the R7000 dd-wrt Gateway router. When I connected a working dd-wrt wireless access point directly to the Home Hub 3000 I had no internet at all on the wap this very weird. Now I must bypass it fortunately I already know how.

What kind of ISP you have? Optic fiber? Connected with pppoe and tagged vlans so it acts and connects just like ISP stuff? Something older? Im just curious and this could help as Well. =)

Thanks! =)
InfoCGagn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I successfully bypassed the Bell home hub 3000 and now the wireless access points are working flawlessly!

I used a 10Gtek media converter and I've put XWRT-VORTEX on my main router R7000 (Yes I know I will have to restore the cfe if I want to go back to DD-WRT) but vlan tagging was too easy with this.

I failed the pppoe vlan tagging part on DD-WRT but I will try again with another router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: