I have an AC2600 I can't revert to stock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
esheyw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 13:30    Post subject: I have an AC2600 I can't revert to stock. Reply with quote
I have a Netgear AC2600 (yes that's the actual model number), it may or may not be a 7450 equivalent, but its close enough because that's the version of dd-wrt I managed to load on it. r47256. It is however, self-reporting as an r6800 on the status page. I'm trying to revert it to stock so I can return it, and so far nothing I've tried has worked.

DD-WRT GUI firmware update doesn't error, says uploaded successfully, but reboots to the same firmware. TFTP connection request fails every time, with every timing I can manage re: recovery mode. nmrpflash fails with "Failed to add IP address (state=3)." which I can't seem to find *anything* about anywhere online.

I've tried the stock images for:
  • the r6800 (what it's saying it is under dd-wrt)
  • ac2600 (what it says on the plastic) and
  • r7450 (the dd-wrt version that I managed to load onto it, regretfully now)

All fresh from the netgear site. Anyone got any advice?
Sponsor
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
When your flashing back from GUI what browser are you using?
Don't use chromium based browsers, i use good old internet explorer but ff portable is good as well as a few others.
You can always TFTP stock firmware back on
*You may find that its failing because you have changed the router model if you've not used the correct stock-to-dd-wrt files.
If its an r6800 and you flashed r6800 files it should be fine.
Try TFTP if using a different browser fails

Network IPV4 - Isolated Vlan's with IoT Devices. Unifi AC-Pro x 3 AP's, Router Wi-Fi Disabled. OVPN Server With Paid Commercial Wireguard Client's. Gateway Mode, DNSMasq, Static Leases & DHCP, Pi-Hole DNS & Running Unbound.

No one can build you the bridge on which you, and only you, must cross the river of life!
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
This router has a mediatek soc and belongs to the Ralink forum.

In my signature at the bottom a link to the R6400v2 guide, in the second post is a debricking guide although not specifically for your router it has information how to use nmrpflash etc. maybe that will get you going.

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
esheyw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like I said, I've tried every variation of firmware with tftp. No dice. For the GUI I've just been using Firefox mainline, which has never failed me yet. I'll try pushing it through IE, but I really doubt that's gonna be the thing that does it.
turbowells
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I returned the R7450 I got from the recent Walmart deal. I couldn't get the 2.4ghz band to stop locking up, on DD-WRT or stock.

I couldn't get the device to produce a tftp request no matter what I tried. I eventually wiped the linux partition, thus putting the router into a constant tftp request cycle.

I followed these steps:

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=149605009&postcount=195
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
The other option is nmrpflash. I thought we covered this already?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
esheyw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
The other option is nmrpflash. I thought we covered this already?

esheyw wrote:
nmrpflash fails with "Failed to add IP address (state=3)." which I can't seem to find *anything* about anywhere online.

I opened an issue on nmrpflash's github, because that error is not in their documentation and I have no idea what to do with it.

turbowells wrote:
I followed these steps:

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=149605009&postcount=195

I would try this, but it's refusing telnet connections by default after a reset, so that's out. Unfortunately I procrastinated the hell outta this to the point where I am now out of time, it's gotta be in the mail today.

@kernel-panic69, sorry my situation hasn't responded to the normal troubleshooting steps but near as I can tell this specific situation is unique, and them's the breaks sometimes. I'm gonna just send it back as-is and hope they don't care.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's refusing that because you have to log into the webUI of DD-WRT and set a password before telnet is enabled.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
esheyw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well the linked post specifically said not to, so I didn't. Oh well, it's academic at this point, I'll know for next time. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: