WebUI (HTTP/HTTPS) unresponsive after 2-3 days of run time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ScottK123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 22:42    Post subject: WebUI (HTTP/HTTPS) unresponsive after 2-3 days of run time. Reply with quote
Hi all,
I have 2 of the Netgear Nighthawk R7450 Routers that I bought together a few weeks ago.

I use them both in AP only mode.
(I run OPNsense on another system for routing)

I have been installing the betas for the past couple weeks, and although the Wifi is rock solid, I am running into an issue where after maybe 2-3 days of uptime, the WebUI and ssh will be unresponsive.

The Web, (both HTTP and HTTPS) appear to have died, as my web browser (Firefox and Chrome both) say they are not available anymore.

Same with SSH.
When first started up, ssh in works fine, but after
a couple days, the ssh daemon appears to have died as well, and there appears to be no sshd listener running.
(I can't confirm if it is running anymore or not, since I can't find a way in to check)

Interestingly enough, Wifi continues to work fine.
I have clients coming and going, they get accepted just fine, and are sent along the network just fine as well.

Rebooting fixes the issue.

I just wanted to report this issue, and see if anyone else sees the same thing as I do.

For myself, I will probably just set up a reboot once a day to work around the problem for now, I just wanted to report it, just in case.

My stats:

Router/Version: Netgear Nighthawk R7450 (AC2600)
File: r7450-webflash.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47474 std (09/20/21)
Mode: AP
Reset?: N

PS: I just installed the 9/23 beta on both just now, so I will report back in a couple days if it happens again or not.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Rocketboy235
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting...

Can you provide the following logs if possible? Also if you can, you may want to also report on the new build posts based on what DD-WRT build you flashed on the router just so the team can keep track of what builds people are using currently and if they encounter any issues.

For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.

I guess provide that minus the WiFi related ones for now.
I have 2 R7450 units myself but I haven't moved over to DD-WRT yet. Will be doing so soon to try it out.

Linksys EA8500 - BS 47256 (previously r46446)
TP Link TL-WR1043ND v1.8 - BS 42819 (previously r45955)
Motorola WR850G v3 - BS 21286
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: