general speed on older router about half of stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
tgvrfcedx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
accurate information.??????? ON WHAT??????

SHOW ME WHERE ANYONE ASKED FOR A SPECFIC BIT OF INFO THAT I DIDNT REPLY TO!!!???

"PROVIDE INFO" ON????? WHAT????

THE COLOR OF THE ROUTER???
THE TEMP OF THE ROOM????
THE COLOR OF THE LAN CABLE???
WHAT???

HOW LONG IS A PEICE OF STRING???

ho1Aetoo wrote:
@tgvrfcedx

sorry it is completely unclear how you test at all

tgvrfcedx wrote:
there is no special setup, this is all test bench

stock router, test pc. mobile device.

Very expressive, I can imagine a lot under it.
We all know right away how the router is configured and connected, and how you perform measurements.

As I said, I'm out.
You have been asked more than once to provide accurate information.

I'll do it now like the other users and wish you much success.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you realize how you ask for information determines how people respond, then the key to understanding the problem is simple. I see an issue on both sides of this situation here. @OP: again, post all configurations, whether they are applicable or not. We cannot see what is on your screen from here. That is what we keep trying to say. We cannot make any recommendations or give any advice without you providing information.

@Aloz / ho1A: An elitist arrogant attitude is part of the chief complaint here. Just an FYI.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@Aloz / ho1A: An elitist arrogant attitude is part of the chief complaint here. Just an FYI.

what arrogance you are talking about, me / ho1A ???
I can see someone else ignorance and volatile attitude...and you willing to take credit of the situation...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913

Last edited by Alozaros on Tue Sep 21, 2021 15:06; edited 1 time in total
tgvrfcedx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
what...... information......

5 times i have asked to clarify what in the world you want information on.

i already told you the firmware is stock.. NOTHING has been changed.

i ran the test on multiple firmwares betas. ALL STOCK and all with different settings.

i already explained i think the issue is not a gui setting or confirm error but something else like you suggested a issue in the hardware

i have expressed many times for option in what i should test further to report back ... but nothing....

i already explained its a test bench... lan and wifi.
if i have 2 of the same router...
and one works great and the other does not... then its not the test setup is it??? and yes i have swapped the firmware and tested that too on both visa versa....

it seems people have plenty to say on here but nothing to offer. most likely because they cant be bothered or dont actually know, but feel its their place to belittle people rather then ACTUALLY HELP just dont reply if that is your attitude.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

what arrogance you are talking about, me ho1A ???
I can see someone else ignorance and volatile attitude...and you willing to take credit of the situation...

It's a matter of perspective and perception, which you both fail to see. At least I know when I am being abrasive, rude, etc. Wink

----------------------

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:40; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
@tgvrfcedx:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@OP: again, post all configurations, whether they are applicable or not. We cannot see what is on your screen from here. That is what we keep trying to say. We cannot make any recommendations or give any advice without you providing information.

To add to this, post screenshots or copy / paste results of iperf3 tests or any applicable test results as well.

----------------------
tgvrfcedx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
im not using iperf3

i am using internet speedtest as thats what the router is used for and i have dont all testing so far with.

the internet max speed is 50/20 as i already explained

dir300 router with ddwrt gets wifi unstable down about 1-5 up, wired 20/20

dir300 router with stock dlink wifi 20/20, wired 50/20.

i feel there is some component in the ddwrt firmware that is mismatched for the hardware or something.

i dont know how that all works but if i can get advise on what to try test for that i can post results

kernel-panic69 wrote:
@tgvrfcedx:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@OP: again, post all configurations, whether they are applicable or not. We cannot see what is on your screen from here. That is what we keep trying to say. We cannot make any recommendations or give any advice without you providing information.

To add to this, post screenshots or copy / paste results of iperf3 tests or any applicable test results as well.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
And on that note, I am done, too. We asked for your router configurations to see if a setting was amiss and you have not provided that. I am trying to help out here, but you keep backpedaling and re-explaining the same thing over and over without providing any new useful information while expecting us to pull a rabbit out of our hats. Even after I already mentioned that this is custom firmware and does not have the same exact components across the board that stock firmware has. My head does not like brick walls.

----------------------
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
tgvrfcedx wrote:
i ran the test on multiple firmwares betas. ALL STOCK and all with different settings

You may take a look at my topic regarding low end hardware.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284

You may find some helpful info there.

All dd-wrt builds I have tested (started with 2018er builds) for my low end AP use more RAM for basic AP operation than the factory firmware (and more CPU load). I have less than 9M from the 32M RAM free on the system. Your device has 16M RAM and a low CPU clock, I don't own such a device but I think any dd-wrt build from the past 3 years will not match your expetations. Did you try any dd-wrt build from the same age the factory firmware is build for comparation?
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok tgvrfcedx with a kind tone i will explain to you again, where you failed and act like a person that claims he misunderstood something or its someone else fault...

1. I already wrote you how the forum works via PM and where to read and how to start with, as well explained to you, first search and read than test/try let us know what happened and provide as many details are possible...not we to tell you but you to tell us all the details...
2. speaking of details you failed to provide...we cannot guess where the issue is at all..so, tell us cables used, ISP speed provided, WiFi settings used WiFi encryption, type of WiFI/Lan client card, settings there, services running on the router side QoS any scripts firewall rules and ect. any detail could meter...
3. Also It was kindly explained to you, that this router doesn't have a specs and cannot deliver maximum performance via DDWRT, as DDWRT uses software NAT that takes a toll on its CPU and its CPU is slow...anyway, but you keep asking and pretend we didn't understand you...ok go and use stock firmware than and enjoy life...there is no bug at slow router not working as a fast router....with DDWRT
4. Moreover this is 2d thread you start about the same router, asking similar questions and aggravate "you don't get the answer you want to hear..."
5.It started to seams you either don't bother to find your information nor you take into account what others are saying or you deliberately look for confrontation and this is clearly provocative behaviour, that more likely links to someone who recently lost something and now wants it back and plays all that theatre...and nonsense...I wont let BS about it...
6.I cannot believe ive spent, so much time to explain to you, how the system works, where to read and even people around gave you some clues where to look at/read here and there...and at the end, you use capital letters, aggravate and manifest arrogance and throw stones and play "im a victim" card...and you are not picking it...I meant to say, well played sir clap, clap, clap... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Any decent person would've hear what experienced people are telling him...and take it into account...all this theatre smells fishy to me...like a malicious software....

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=330213
Quote:
i did some basic reading, but i am also new to this. while the info is available, i found the biggest issues is tracking it down in one place. so below i have compiled some of the issues and tips.

Quote:
yes, the information is around. but not all in one place for issues faced.

Quote:
thanks, i simply made this post to try put all the issues i faced in one place, to try save someone the time to search over 50 posts.

i dont want the 6 hours it took me to figure it out, to be the reason someone else gave up on DDWRT because it got too hard.

Quote:
i have already compiled the main information from all the posts in the first post and will update further in time.

Quote:
i have already explained the issue with firmware versions should be addressed more clearly in the wiki. knowledge for choice of firmware is the most important factor (for older devices at least)

i have only flashed dir300 and dir615 so far and tried to share issues for others and issues with wiki

But, this person has not searched the information.... You should re-read that thread and where it went completely to sh*t, some of which was my own doing. Let's not admit where we fail, shall we?

----------------------
tgvrfcedx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
servicetech wrote:
tgvrfcedx wrote:
i ran the test on multiple firmwares betas. ALL STOCK and all with different settings

You may take a look at my topic regarding low end hardware.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284
You may find some helpful info there.

thanks, gave some insight but seems to be for newer routers then the dir300

All dd-wrt builds I have tested (started with 2018er builds) for my low end AP use more RAM for basic AP operation than the factory firmware (and more CPU load). I have less than 9M from the 32M RAM free on the system. Your device has 16M RAM and a low CPU clock, I don't own such a device but I think any dd-wrt build from the past 3 years will not match your expetations.

Did you try any dd-wrt build from the same age the factory firmware is build for comparation?

i have tried random builds from 08 to 2021, in most cases the gui works ok. but the throughput seems unstable when testing, but more so on the download than the upload.

i notice the 08 ddwrt first flash as per wiki states Atheros AR2315 in the gui the later Atheros AR2317? maybe the issue is with that or a mismatch with something. i dont know how to check further

tgvrfcedx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
what router configurations exactly?????
from which build????
i have installed at least 10 types all with the same issue
and again all stock settings

kernel-panic69 wrote:
And on that note, I am done, too. We asked for your router configurations to see if a setting was amiss and you have not provided that. I am trying to help out here, but you keep backpedaling and re-explaining the same thing over and over without providing any new useful information while expecting us to pull a rabbit out of our hats. Even after I already mentioned that this is custom firmware and does not have the same exact components across the board that stock firmware has. My head does not like brick walls.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
You expect everything to be set perfectly out of the box. And you have been told and advised on this. If you're going to not read the tutorials in the wikis on how to configure your router, or even read the stickies in the forum, what do you expect this community to do? I give up.

----------------------
tgvrfcedx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
im going to asked you again now, and publicly.

I DO NOT WANT YOUR "HELP". DO NOT COMMENT HIJACK MY POSTS WITH YOUR SELF- RIGHTEOUS BS. OR CONTACT ME BY PM.

do you think i read the attack you just wasted your time to write rather than reply to the topic you again hijacked, i did not.

seems u got nothing better to do than be ahole to people that need help to feel included and important.

Alozaros wrote:
Ok tgvrfcedx with a kind tone i will explain to you again, where you failed and act like a person that claims he misunderstood something or its someone else fault...

1. I already wrote you how the forum works via PM and where to read and how to start with, as well explained to you, first search and read than test/try let us know what happened and provide as many details are possible...not we to tell you but you to tell us all the details...
2. speaking of details you failed to provide...we cannot guess where the issue is at all..so, tell us cables used, ISP speed provided, WiFi settings used WiFi encryption, type of WiFI/Lan client card, settings there, services running on the router side QoS any scripts firewall rules and ect. any detail could meter...
3. Also It was kindly explained to you, that this router doesn't have a specs and cannot deliver maximum performance via DDWRT, as DDWRT uses software NAT that takes a toll on its CPU and its CPU is slow...anyway, but you keep asking and pretend we didn't understand you...ok go and use stock firmware than and enjoy life...there is no bug at slow router not working as a fast router....with DDWRT
4. Moreover this is 2d thread you start about the same router, asking similar questions and aggravate "you don't get the answer you want to hear..."
5.It started to seams you either don't bother to find your information nor you take into account what others are saying or you deliberately look for confrontation and this is clearly provocative behaviour, that more likely links to someone who recently lost something and now wants it back and plays all that theatre...and nonsense...I wont let BS about it...
6.I cannot believe ive spent, so much time to explain to you, how the system works, where to read and even people around gave you some clues where to look at/read here and there...and at the end, you use capital letters, aggravate and manifest arrogance and throw stones and play "im a victim" card...and you are not picking it...I meant to say, well played sir clap, clap, clap... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Any decent person would've hear what experienced people are telling him...and take it into account...all this theatre smells fishy to me...like a malicious software....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: