Trying to setup WRT600N with DDWRT Dual Band Client.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 23:45    Post subject: Trying to setup WRT600N with DDWRT Dual Band Client. Reply with quote
I posted this on a recent thread but so far haven't gotten any response. I need to know if it's possible to do the following, I have already succeeded with a WRT54G with 2.4 band, but I can't get back in the Web Interface to check the settings that worked. So I'm in a campground and I have a login for the Wifi that's about as far as I have access to I want to setup a Client mode with the WRT600N using 5 GHz. Is this doeable with a router I don't have physical access to? Also is there any way to access the Web Interface once it's setup without being able to configure the campgrounds router? I've read that's a IP issue that really can't be resolved unless you can configure the primary router. Also I've read that if I opt to to have bothe bands I should make the primary one in DDWRT an AP and the other 5 GHZ as Client. I just watched a video that says that the channel on the client needs to be the same as the primary but what if that is constantly changing shouldn't it just be set to Auto? Also how can I know for sure if the primary router is AES or TKIP or both? This is a bit confusing for me. Even though I did look at the Wiki for linking routers, I'm still confused and I"m not that well versed on the subject. Thanks
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've looked at that page, but it doesn't seem to answer my questions of how to do this with a primary router I don't have access to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: