Need Help DDWRT Flashed WRT600N V1.1 build problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 21:19    Post subject: Need Help DDWRT Flashed WRT600N V1.1 build problems Reply with quote
I flashed with v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega after flashing with a Stock Linksys WRT600N_1.01.36_build_4_20080514_US.bin and than a trailed build, and now when I chose Wireless Security option it immediately loads Page Not Found, when I try to flash a different build in upgrade it shows seconds and Upgrading Firmware and than again Page Not Found. I tried to flash a different build with Tftp and I get no response from server, I'm able to ping and get TTL=64 4 out 4 with no issues, the 2.4 radio light is only on, I've tried 30/30/30 reset with no results, this doesn't make any sense if I'm able to ping, and have no problem accessing the current web interface, it's like it's bricked but none of the symptoms. Any ideas on what to do short of connecting a serial? I forgot to mention I have a static IP set to 192.168.1.10 with 255 subnet. I would like to try other known working builds like brainslayer but I can't seem to reach the ftp link.
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm witch build number ??
-dont do 30/30/30 it can cause a mess, just use a reset button for 10-20 sec
-do not use chromium based browsers...use FFx, waterfox, palemoon and ect..disable all extensions..use private mode
-ftp link is fine but some browsers do not allow ftp and you have to fiddle with their settings...
-if no response on tftp and normal boot will need a serial..unless router is not dead...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
d33b0_n4p41m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 23:33    Post subject: Re: Need Help DDWRT Flashed WRT600N V1.1 build problems Reply with quote
wealthwise wrote:
v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega

Alozaros wrote:
hmm witch build number ??

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/08-12-10-r14929/ Rolling Eyes

You should probably be using Firefox ESR, IE, or Pale Moon in private browsing mode with no extensions loaded to access your WRT600N. TTL=64 is not a bad sign. Wiki and Peacock Thread...

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WRT600N

----------
“Life is about moving on, accepting changes and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete.” ~ Anonymous
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know which build number it doesn't seem to to say only know that it's a Mega Special build, so after setting the IP address to auto, it stopped behaving like it was I was able to change the mode, I have to admit I was using both Opera an Chrome both chromium browsers, thanks for the suggestion for FF. Anyhow my goal is to be able to run a client or client bridge either dual band or 5 GHZ only can you point me in the right direction? Thanks
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
d33b0_n4p41m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
This needs to be edited, but there was a time before the svn revision number was displayed in the webUI. Perhaps clicking on the version link (v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega) in the upper right corner would yield further information, or looking at the main router status page, but your build is 14929 (see the link I posted above and compare the dates). Seems that there are some pieces of the wiki that either need to be fixed or changes reverted as I am finding broken internal links.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#Firmware_Versions

I might have to get an older Broadcom device and step through from initial support to figure out at which specific release that the information in the upper right corner changed to the actual svn revision number.

----------
“Life is about moving on, accepting changes and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete.” ~ Anonymous
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

Thanks I'll take a look
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
So this is wierd, FF asks me if I want to open the FTP link in Chrome? Of course it doesn't work, my only other option is a FTP program like Filezilla but I haven't gotten it to work with that link either, my firewall is off so I can't figure out why I can't FTP? Here's the page with the link https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321531
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this build considered to be reliable? : DD-WRT v3.0-r47377 mega (09/07/21)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firefox is now rejecting FTP links? Not seeing it here, at least not in FF ESR. Chrome doesn't support FTP links anymore. Use the https:// download server links, or use WinSCP. It supports FTP and SFTP Wink

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2021/09-08-2021-r47381/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's the one I've used but where is brainslayer build?
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI on firefox and ftp support:

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2021/07/20/stopping-ftp-support-in-firefox-90/

Those are the brainslayer build... non one else builds anymore.
d33b0_n4p41m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, there is only Official DD-WRT (BrainSlayer) builds these days. There are no Eko, <Kong>, or Fractal builds anymore. FF ESR is still supporting FTP protocol AFAIK; but I have to agree - if you want to use FTP, just use a client like WinSCP, FileZilla, etc.
----------
wealthwise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok so I don't know how stable this build is, would I be better off with a brainslayer mini build VS. Mega? Anyhow I need to know if it's possible to do the following, I have already succeeded with a WRT54G with 2.4 band, but I can't get back in the Web Interface to check the settings that worked. So I'm in a campground and I have a login for the Wifi that's about as far as I have access to I want to setup a Client mode with the WRT600N using 5 GHz. Is this doeable with a router I don't have physical access to? Also is there any way to access the Web Interface once it's setup without being able to configure the campgrounds router? I've read that's a IP issue that really can't be resolved unless you can configure the primarty router. Also I've read that if I opt to to have bothe bands I should make the primary one in DDWRT an AP and the other 5 GHZ as Client. I just watched a video that says that the channel on the client needs to be the same as the primary but what if that is constantly changing shouldn't it just be set to Auto? Also how can I know for sure if the primary router is AES or TKIP or both? This is a bit confusing for me. Even though I did look at the Wiki for linking routers, I'm still confused and I"m not that well versed on the subject. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: