HAPPY 10000 POST KERNEL-PANIC69 may the acid force be wt U

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 13:49    Post subject: HAPPY 10000 POST KERNEL-PANIC69 may the acid force be wt U Reply with quote
Cool Cool Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Cool Cool

dont get me wrong !!
Heave a laugh today, chill and relax Wink
Greetings form the lower floor..!! Rolling Eyes Embarassed

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Sponsor
d33b0_n4p41m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow that is a lot of posts... thanks for being active on the forums!
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wonder how OLD he must be now xD

Happy Birthday KernalPanic69 Very Happy

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, awesome job all around!
Cheers! 10001

Kernel.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.65 KB
 Viewed:  4087 Time(s)

Kernel.png

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks to the few for the kind sentiments. I know my persona is a little abrasive at times, but it's part of my charm Twisted Evil

I won't give personal details in open forum @GAK Cool

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
that I can confirm, he is lot younger in forum then me...

Good going buddy

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/12/12) std
(SVN revision 20119)

TP-link 741ND
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std
(SVN revision 15778)

Finding the correct MTU value for your ISP | BrainSlayer Vlan on Atheros
|

debrick Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
^^^^^ So people think. People "change" over the years. I was here under another handle years ago. Problem is, the email account I used is defunct, so there was no way to revive that account. Not to mention, I was out of embedded Linux scene for a minute or five. Sometimes, I just play stupid for the peanut gallery and because I'm old and forgetful, lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series

When I was a student and moonlighting in the late 1990s (while I was in the military), there was a lot of buzz about the WRT54G v1 development. I will just say that I was vehemently opposed to VxWorks because of it being proprietary (as is QNX). Same goes for anything M$ for embedded systems. To be frank, these m*therf*ckers took work done in the Linux and *BSD communities and then shit all over us.

----------------------
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wanted to follow-up and post something here for posterity. In retrospect over the past couple of years or so, I see where my approach to some things was somewhat counter-productive and on that note, I can relent to where people's complaints were. But I will never recommend opening up the old device threads as opposed to littering the build threads with discussion. Quite honestly, both options make information difficult to find for new users; which is an ongoing complaint that is met with resistance. I myself have been guilty, and with that, I am a proponent of further non-counter-intuitive changes. Call me "stupid" all you wish for trying to make things easy, but if we continue in the same direction this forum has since DD-WRT's inception, then we are not serving the general community at large very well IMHO. We must consolidate information in the wiki and make it easy to find, among other things. And that was part of my initial thought in taking on the challenges last year when I was given moderator status. This was met with vehement resistance and complaints because people did not understand the reasoning (and likely never will). My background comes from the days of Usenet newsgroups, mailing lists, and man pages. I recall when the TLDP was still new, even, and it was quite a big help in finding information - and that is the goal here, to make finding information easy. People seem too lazy to accommodate and this is where we fail as a whole.

----------------------
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Same goes for anything M$ for embedded systems. To be frank, these m*therf*ckers took work done in the Linux and *BSD communities and then shit all over us.

They sure as hell did! And it wasn't ONLY in their embedded systems. This is one of the (many) reasons I have never had a Windows (or MSDOS) PC.

Netgear R7800 (WDS-AP, WAP, VAP) - DD-WRT r55779
Features in use: multiple VLANs over single trunk port

Linksys EA8500 WDS Station x2 - DD-WRT r55799

Netgear R6400v2 WAP, VAP 2.4ghz only w/VLANs over single trunk port. DD-WRT r55779

OSes: Fedora 38, 9 RPis (2,3,4,5), 20 ESP8266s: Straight from Amiga to Linux in '94, never having owned a Windows PC.

Forum member #248
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
^^^^^ So people think. People "change" over the years. I was here under another handle years ago. Problem is, the email account I used is defunct, so there was no way to revive that account. Not to mention, I was out of embedded Linux scene for a minute or five. Sometimes, I just play stupid for the peanut gallery and because I'm old and forgetful, lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series

When I was a student and moonlighting in the late 1990s (while I was in the military), there was a lot of buzz about the WRT54G v1 development. I will just say that I was vehemently opposed to VxWorks because of it being proprietary (as is QNX). Same goes for anything M$ for embedded systems. To be frank, these m*therf*ckers took work done in the Linux and *BSD communities and then shit all over us.

What was pervious handle. If my guess is right it was with Dp of a person smoking or something like that??

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/12/12) std
(SVN revision 20119)

TP-link 741ND
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std
(SVN revision 15778)

Finding the correct MTU value for your ISP | BrainSlayer Vlan on Atheros
|

debrick Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I shall leave that as a mystery; there was no avatar on the account. If there were, it would've been of a certain infamous bassist from the UK.

----------------------
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I wanted to follow-up and post something here for posterity. In retrospect over the past couple of years or so, I see where my approach to some things was somewhat counter-productive and on that note, I can relent to where people's complaints were. But I will never recommend opening up the old device threads as opposed to littering the build threads with discussion. Quite honestly, both options make information difficult to find for new users; which is an ongoing complaint that is met with resistance. I myself have been guilty, and with that, I am a proponent of further non-counter-intuitive changes. Call me "stupid" all you wish for trying to make things easy, but if we continue in the same direction this forum has since DD-WRT's inception, then we are not serving the general community at large very well IMHO. We must consolidate information in the wiki and make it easy to find, among other things. And that was part of my initial thought in taking on the challenges last year when I was given moderator status. This was met with vehement resistance and complaints because people did not understand the reasoning (and likely never will). My background comes from the days of Usenet newsgroups, mailing lists, and man pages. I recall when the TLDP was still new, even, and it was quite a big help in finding information - and that is the goal here, to make finding information easy. People seem too lazy to accommodate and this is where we fail as a whole.

I hear you on lots of this... I know that I have mellowed out at work on some of the things and in the forums here I let things be... I always think of it as there is lots of subjective opinions and thus there is no one right solution.... and DD-WRT is in the general public space so we get repeated questions, people putting information in odd locations (named even worse), and no clarity... On some of the other OSS projects that I contribute to it is the same thing.

I am glad that at least you are trying KP, and I worry that you will get burnt out and we will have no one again even trying. That is why I try to at least follow some rules and provide helpful posts (I bet not all are though :p)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Wildlion:

Thank you for that. Too many people fear change; too many people here don't want to improve things. Rather than do anything that would be helpful for the next person, they'd prefer to not bother. One of the chief complaints that has hit my inbox over the past couple of years is difficulties faced and the fact that nobody wants to actually provide help other than to say, "search". Well, if we weren't on phpBB2.x.x, it wouldn't be such a b*tch to search this forum. We could have a v3.0.x up tomorrow with the same custom branding. But we fear change; it is what it is. I will just continue to chip away at the big rocks and turn them into sand.

----------------------
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I won't give personal details in open forum @GAK Cool

And like that, I now know. Twisted Evil

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: