New Build - 08/15/2021 - r47182

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even firmware is working great my Lenovo Vantage is complaining about unsafe network. I can not tell when this feature was introduced to the vantage software. But when it does complain it says that %network% is possibly unsafe and I should select another network.

Is this dd-wrt related or what it is ? I do use WPA2-psk and ccmp-128 in wireless security. And of course Samba is turned on and windows is connected to it all the time.
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
Even firmware is working great my Lenovo Vantage is complaining about unsafe network. I can not tell when this feature was introduced to the vantage software. But when it does complain it says that %network% is possibly unsafe and I should select another network.

Is this dd-wrt related or what it is ? I do use WPA2-psk and ccmp-128 in wireless security. And of course Samba is turned on and windows is connected to it all the time.

Would you please post a screenshot of the issue?

If it is this https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/software/vantage @Lenovo WiFi Security

Lenovo Vantage wrote:
Lenovo WiFi Security

Millions of people around the world connect to public WiFi networks on their PC as they travel. The problem is, hackers can spoof network names in public locations like airports and hotels, and unsuspecting users can inadvertently connect to these networks exposing all of their data. Vantage uses advanced algorithms and crowd sourced security data to preemptively warn you about risky WiFi networks, so you can always be assured of making safe connections.

So if its that, it explains the message (assuming its this). One wild guess would be to set your laptop wifi network at home to private if its set to public, this assuming you are using Windows 10.

On a personal note, I would have never kept any vendor software. I understand that it may be useful to Lenovo when issues happen and customers ask for support.

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.81 KB
 Viewed:  613 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: