Guest WiFi on Access Point is broken since r35667

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
InfoCGagn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 20:08    Post subject: Guest WiFi on Access Point is broken since r35667 Reply with quote
With further tests I discovered that Guest WiFi on Access Point is broken since r35667. r35531 is the last build that works great with Guest WiFi on Access Point. Access point will work on any build above r35531 but Guest WiFi will not work.

In r35531 build and older I can bridge wl0.1 and wl1.1 (Guest WiFi) to br1 (Guest Network), put some magic firewall rules and get internet access on wl0.1 and wl1.1 but not in builds above. (this applies to both Gateway and Access Point router builds)

I checked change logs but so many stuff, way too technical for me so I'm just posting this here hoping devs will find it and maybe fix it in future builds.

My router is an R7000 and I will simply go for a gateway router build instead of an access point build for now because I must isolate things above my network. (things connected to the first router)

I no longer plan to bypass bell home hub 3000 because it still gives some usefull features after all.

By Gateway router I mean a router with DHCP enabled and plugged via wan port. (It creates and manages the network)
By Access point router I mean a router with DHCP disabled and plugged via lan port. (it just extends the network)

Thanks!
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
And this is why I created a references sticky and why you should use the search function of the forum or Google / DuckDuckGo.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317181

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319412

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=327063

The issue may likely be fixed in current builds and do not require any workarounds, but nobody seems to be testing and reporting in the third thread or in the build threads. I am not going to sit here and pull my hair out and smack my head against a wall if people refuse to be proactive in the community.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: