Dyndns association host

Goto page Previous  1, 2
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much egc, really, I have handily solved this problem. I eliminated the old rule and added that of @eibgrad, modifying the value of the interface "br0" with the host address "192.168.1.9", so as to allow other hosts in my LAN to surf the Internet without the mandatory connection in vpn.
At this point, forgive me but I have to take advantage of your knowledge, I ask you another courtesy ... I set port 8888 of the router web gui for remote access, but also by typing only the ddns address, then leaving port 80, I access to the gui.
How can I use port 8888 exclusively? Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tell me if i can continue here or open another thread.
The fact is that even disabling the web gui management, port 80 is always reachable from the Internet.
I tried with the following command, but having vlan2 the link to the ISP modem, the wan has been disabled:

Code:
iptables -I INPUT -i vlan2 -p tcp -m tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443 -j DROP

where am i wrong?
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
andrea_m83 wrote:
Tell me if i can continue here or open another thread.
The fact is that even disabling the web gui management, port 80 is always reachable from the Internet.
I tried with the following command, but having vlan2 the link to the ISP modem, the wan has been disabled:

Code:
iptables -I INPUT -i vlan2 -p tcp -m tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443 -j DROP

where am i wrong?

New problem so open a new thread.

Give the as much information as you can as a minimum router model build number network setup.

Also how did you test? If you run a port scan on your DDNS you are testing the website of the VPN provider and that has port 80 and 443 open.

If you have your firewall on (for the VPN enable " Inbound Firewall on TUN" ) all ports should be closed (except the one you open for port forwarding of course)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: