Linksys 1900ACS v2 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless drop outs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
mintymiller2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 17:14    Post subject: Linksys 1900ACS v2 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless drop outs Reply with quote
Although this thread has been dead for three years or so, I decided to post to it because I'm having a similar problem on the same model, this time flashed with the latest DD-WRT firmware (DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std (11/03/20)) and set up as an access point bridged to a Nokia G-240W-C. Just in case anyone reads it!

Anyway, after I'd tweaked it to give me optimum speeds on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands (the default settings certainly do NOT give optimum speeds), it works fine mostly; however, it still intermittently dropped internet connections on both bands (WiFi up, just no internet) while internet was available on wired connections. I managed to decrease the frequency of these WiFi internet dropouts on our MacBooks running Mojave/Big Sur and our old iPads running iOS 12.6 by fiddling around with sensitivity and other settings, basically following the advice at https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point. But nothing I did made any difference to these dropouts on our iPhones running the latest OS (14..6) until I disabled their Private Address setting! Now dropouts on the phones are rare and when they do happen, connection is quickly re-established without me having to switch bands or 'forget the network' and reconnect. I also have two Apple TV3 units that must be 6 or more years old by now that perform flawlessly over WiFi with no internet dropouts. These older units run older version of iOS. Anyone else noticing flaky internet stability on the 1900ACS v2's WiFi bands would do well tweaking advanced settings from 'default' to 'recommended' until they get more stable connections and on the latest iPhone firmware, disabling 'Private Address' while on their own home network.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: