New Build - 08/01/2021 - r47117

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
7heblackwolf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
FlaParrotHead wrote:
7heblackwolf wrote:
I observed the same issue. Funny thing is that keeps loading, but when I request desktop site half of the times the web loads instantly. Only on iOS/ipadOS, macOS seems ok. DD-WRT is rocket science.

Which browser are you using and where are you requesting the desktop site? I’m not seeing that in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox but may be missing it.

Does it matter?
I mean, in iOS at least any browser is the same behind, since all are enforced to use the same engine, even now that Apple opened the Nitro engine to use by third parties. In this case I use Safari, tested briefly Firefox with a lil hope that makes the difference, but no.

By the way, any mobile browser has the "request desktop version". In safari is in the sharing menu.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
tld wrote:
I always switch to partition 1 (which has the factory firmware) and then upgrade...

There is absolutely zero reason to retain stock firmware; DD-WRT webUI can write stock firmware images.

DD-WRT builds are now larger so you will run into stock firmware upgrade limitations a little bit over 32MB.

It's not about a reset only the limitations 1200 and 1900 series have. Which router, WRT1900ACS? V1, V2?
WhiteJ2799
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Linksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47117 std

Status: upgraded yesterday (wired, wifi off) from r47000 to r47177 via Chrome. Chrome Cookies, History deleted, antivirus off, firewall etc off. prior to download the r47117 bin file.
Upgrade via Admin/Firmware Upgrade.
Upgrade: “After flashing, reset to: Reset to default settings”

Basic Setup:
WAN connection type: Automatic Configuration – DHCP
Shortcut forwarding Engine: Enable
STP: Disable
DHCP Type: DHCP Server
Use DNSMasq for DNS: checked
DHCP-Authoritative: checked
IPV6: Disabled

WIFI:
2.4GHz (it says “Wireless Interface wlan1, 2.4MHz – MWL88W8964 802.11ac – Max Vaps (16)):
Basic Settings:
Wireless mode: AP
Wireless Network More: Mixed
Channel Widht: Full (20MHz)
Wireless channel: 6 – 2437MHz
TurboQAM: Disable
No custom config
Wireless security:
WPA2 Personal / CCMP-128 (AES)
Key renewal interval: 3600
WPA Strict Rekeying: Disable
802.11r (FT) support: Disable
802.11w Management Frame Protection: Disabled
Disable EAPOL Key Retries: Disable

5GHz[ (it says “Wireless Interface wlan0, 5GHz/802.11ac – MWL88W8964 802.11ac – Max Vaps (16)):
Basic Settings:
Wireless mode: AP
Wireless Network More: AC-Only
Channel Widht: VHT80 (80MHz)
Wireless channel: 149 – 5745MHz
Extension channel: UU (+6)
Allow overlapping: disable
No custom config
Wireless security:
WPA2 Personal / CCMP-128 (AES)
Key renewal interval: 3600
WPA Strict Rekeying: Disable
802.11r (FT) support: Disable
802.11w Management Frame Protection: Disabled
Disable EAPOL Key Retries: Disable

2.4GHz / 5GHz (it says “Wireless Interface wlan2, 2.4GHz/5 GHz/802.11ac – MWLSD8887 802.11ac – Max Vaps (Cool:
Wireless SSID Broadcasting: Disabled.

Notice that wifi (normally the 2.4GHz) from time to time suddenly hangs at Samsung Galaxy Note 10 phone. Have to change to 5GHz to get wifi again OR have to switch of wifi at phone and switch on again to get it working again.

All comments/advice very welcome.
tld
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
There is absolutely zero reason to retain stock firmware; DD-WRT webUI can write stock firmware images.

DD-WRT builds are now larger so you will run into stock firmware upgrade limitations a little bit over 32MB.

It's not about a reset only the limitations 1200 and 1900 series have. Which router, WRT1900ACS? V1, V2?
Wow, thank you! That explains it for sure. Mine is a V2 version. Does that have that same 32MB limit?

I never actually retained the factory firmware for any specific reason. I just got into the habit of using it (on partition 1) to install dd-wrt on partition 2.

So I'd imagine that in the future I could just install upgrades from the dd-wrt UI, which would always install to the other partition (whichever that happens to be at the time). As long as I know my current version one is working, that would always be safe.

Thanks!
Tom
7heblackwolf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
WhiteJ2799 wrote:
Notice that wifi (normally the 2.4GHz) from time to time suddenly hangs at Samsung Galaxy Note 10 phone. Have to change to 5GHz to get wifi again OR have to switch of wifi at phone and switch on again to get it working again.

Seems like this is not an issue related exclusively apple devices. Happens to me too. Some folks detected this and assumed it was a "apple client" problem. Apparently, "reconnect" in any way, "solves" the problem. So disable/enable wifi or change BSSID does the trick. But the problem shows up at least every hour and lately for me is each 5 min or less of constant usage, it's like the more traffic you're making from the client, the more likely this happens.

(quotation excess)

Navigation

Jump to: