Slow network through TP-link Archer c7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jvb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 13:58    Post subject: Slow network through TP-link Archer c7 Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, Looking for some help.

I'm having intermittent issues with with an TP-link Archer C7 v5 with DDWRT 47074.

Multiple times a day my connection slows to almost nothing and pings become 5000ms+. I have an LTE antenna for internet connection (which I blamed first). I get similar results when on wifi or plugged in. As soon as I bypass the router and connect directly to the modem the massive latency disappears. Each traceroute hop goes from 800-5000 ms to 30-50ms.
Steps taken so far:
1) Unplug second AP and all other devices to isolate the problem
2) reset to defaults, upgraded to 47074. (previously on a build about 15 months old)
3) after reset I just set up the wireless to WPA2 personal and applied a password, everything else default.

Modem is connected to the WAN port. All other devices disconnected. CPU load is low and lots of memory available.
Any help is appreciated! Not sure what to try next.
Sponsor
jvb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
**EDIT** Problem has not disappeared. Different router but getting the same issues. Driving me nuts. Can any one help?****

Looks like this might have been a hardware issue. I used a different Archer C7 v5, reset, upgraded, set only basic settings and the issue has disappeared for now.
jvb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Problem has not disappeared. Different router (Still an Archer C7 v5) but getting the exact same issue. Driving me nuts. Can any one help?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Telnet as root to nvram erase && reboot. WebGUI: user/pass/pass. Select time zone, save.

Wireless Security: WPA Shared Keys, Save. Wireless Basic Settings: Set both SSID names.

Wireless advanced settings checkbox (primary interface) Regulatory Domain, save then reboot or apply.

Channel Width, save, Extension Channel, save, Wireless Channel never auto, save then reboot or apply.

Per Yngve Berg, Basic Wireless Settings, QCA Wireless Settings, option Services: ttraff Daemon Disable
jvb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Telnet as root to nvram erase && reboot. WebGUI: user/pass/pass. Select time zone, save.

Wireless Security: WPA Shared Keys, Save. Wireless Basic Settings: Set both SSID names.

Wireless advanced settings checkbox (primary interface) Regulatory Domain, save then reboot or apply.

Channel Width, save, Extension Channel, save, Wireless Channel never auto, save then reboot or apply.

Per Yngve Berg, Basic Wireless Settings, QCA Wireless Settings, option Services: ttraff Daemon Disable

Appreciate the reply!

SSH'd into the router as root. Successfully ran "nvram erase && reboot". Completed the other steps (with WPA2 Personal). Pain as I'm experiencing the same issues as described in https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=328995 but managed to complete after 45+ minutes of waiting on pages to load.

Will monitor and see if the problem presents itself again over the next day.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pale Moon (52), Classic (56) Waterfox (78.x), Firefox ESR Portable (78.x), Firefox ESR Legacy (68/52/45)

Only have macOS? Waterfox Classic (56) or Latest (78.x), Firefox ESR (78.x) or Firefox (90.x) (installers)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: