TP Link Archer C7 v2 - SNMP Bandwidth weird values

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
marty_k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:19    Post subject: TP Link Archer C7 v2 - SNMP Bandwidth weird values Reply with quote
Hi, all.

I have TP Link Archer C7 v2 (16MB flash, 128MB RAM, Atheros-based, MIPS CPU architecture), dd-wrt build r45454 (1/15/2021). GUI has no SNMP support, so I attached USB flash drive (512MB Optware ext2, 64MB linux-swap, 14GB Data FAT32 to share with Windows devices via FTP), installed Entware, then added SNMPD. No errors during installation.

It works, but the bandwidth output is weird - about 3 times over than the real values. I tried with different interfaces, but they all report the same, roughly 3 times higher bandwidth (I got 20Mbps up/down, and when do speed test, the graph reaches almost 60Mbps). Also, the graph looks "choppy", like it shows activity, then stays at zero for 1-2 seconds, then shows spike again. Tried different apps (even mobile), but they all have the same readings. Is this a bug?

SNMPD package = snmpd_5.8-2_mips-3.4.ipk

Sponsor
marty_k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
No one has an idea?
uziq
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's choppy and roughly 3 times higher because you're only getting SNMP data every 3 seconds.

Try using an older build. r38570 std (02/04/19) works for me.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6613
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319311
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have any current builds been tested for this? Only way for things to improve and be functional in current builds is to test and gather data for your ticket.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
marty_k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Have any current builds been tested for this? Only way for things to improve and be functional in current builds is to test and gather data for your ticket.

kernel-panic69,

The SNMP is Entware package, the router firmware itself do not have SNMP built-in. I just think the hardware of this Archer C7 v2 is really cheap, and will never work better for this specific purpose. I also can't have FW logging on high, because it would run 100% CPU non-stop. Even with this logging set on medium, I still see a delay in the Wall Watcher entries...

At this point I have accepted the fact that it's as good as it gets with this router.
marty_k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
uziq wrote:
It's choppy and roughly 3 times higher because you're only getting SNMP data every 3 seconds.

Try using an older build. r38570 std (02/04/19) works for me.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6613
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319311

uziq,

Thank you for your input. I am "glad" it's not only me having such issue. I can't go back to such old build(s), as I need some of the features that recent builds have...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: