4GLTE Extender must be connected to DDWRT, is that a prob?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
emanon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 19:38    Post subject: 4GLTE Extender must be connected to DDWRT, is that a prob? Reply with quote
I have recently installed a Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender https://www.verizon.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/ to provide a stronger signal in the house for Verizon phones and tablets. The unit requires a connection to my DDWRT router, and the unit works great connected to the DDWRT router. I went from 1 bar to all bars and from 1Mbps to 70 Mbps on my phone and tablet when not using WIFI but using Verizon LTE.

When I signed into the Verizon panel for the 4G LTE Network Extender, I noticed numerous connections to the 4G LTE Network Extender are active. There is only two of us in the house with Verizon devices. I use Verizon while my son uses a prepaid wireless service that piggybacks Verizon. There should not be 6 connections that I sometime see! I assume people maybe walking or driving by unknowing connect to the Extender? It says you must be with 50 feet of the Extender to use it. The use of it is not password protected but the configuration panel is password protected. I don't know what's going on

My question is this: Can these unknown connections gain access to my DDWRT router and connect to my WIFI and/or access the DDWRT configuration panel without knowing the password?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: