Option for router to choose Wireless signal? (r7800)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
aleck1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 16:57    Post subject: Option for router to choose Wireless signal? (r7800) Reply with quote
I've been testing dd-wrt against stock Netgear firmware and also tried Voxel's firmware. I ended up returning to dd-wrt as it's much more configurable and wireless is now comparable after getting help setting it up in here.

One thing netgear and Voxel had that seemed like a nice feature is the router's ability to choose which wireless signal to use for a client. The SSID's had to be the same name and use the same password. Does dd-wrt have a feature like that (perhaps with another name?) or is it a bad idea to set them the same?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Select the Advanced button in the Wifi settings.

Under the "Drop Clients with Low Signal", you can set that weak clients are dismissed.
yousaf465
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:08    Post subject: Re: Option for router to choose Wireless signal? (r7800) Reply with quote
aleck1 wrote:
I've been testing dd-wrt against stock Netgear firmware and also tried Voxel's firmware. I ended up returning to dd-wrt as it's much more configurable and wireless is now comparable after getting help setting it up in here.

One thing netgear and Voxel had that seemed like a nice feature is the router's ability to choose which wireless signal to use for a client. The SSID's had to be the same name and use the same password. Does dd-wrt have a feature like that (perhaps with another name?) or is it a bad idea to set them the same?

you mean wifi band steering? https://www.actiontec.com/wifihelp/what-is-band-steering/

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/12/12) std
(SVN revision 20119)

TP-link 741ND
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std
(SVN revision 15778)

Finding the correct MTU value for your ISP | BrainSlayer Vlan on Atheros
|

debrick Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: