New Build - 07/12/2021 - r47040

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:52    Post subject: New Build - 07/12/2021 - r47040 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link does not work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r47033 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
OpenVPN 2.5.3: Guides, Server, PBR, Reverse PBR, Client (see second post), Kill Switch, update tips, scripts and more.
WireGuard 1.0.20210606/Tools: Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, update tips, scripts & more. Thanks BS & egc!
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle since r41813.
• Added support Netgear AC2100, AC2400, R6220, R6260, R6350, R6700v2, R6800, R6850, R7450, WAC124 & WNDR3700v5.
SmartDNSMiniDLNA • Unbound 1.13.1 • CoovaChilli 1.6 • Tor 0.4.5.8 • OpenSSL 1.1.1k • Dnsmasq 2.85 • Privoxy 3.0.32
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.3.9+): default min/max versions changed. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++.
CVE-2020-26147, CVE-2020-24586, CVE-2020-24587 & CVE-2020-24588 (Fragattack) fixed.
• "Assign WAN port to Switch" feature removed to be reworked in a future release.

Issues:
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
ervau
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same situation for DIR-615h as described in https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=329612
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Should've been fixed in this build, but you should be able to flash the dlink-dir615h-factory-webflash.bin from emergency room and been fine per BrainSlayer. Please ensure you are using a browser in private browsing mode with no extensions loaded, and if necessary, disable firewall and antivirus. I generally use Pale Moon or Firefox ESR Portable; Waterfox Classic is also a known good browser. Also, don't intermingle your webUI access with internet browsing.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
ervau wrote:
Same situation for DIR-615h as described in https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=329612

its definitly not the same. here i need more info. the situation before was that the whole build was broken. basicly it was a wrong firmware image. this has been resolved. so a new log / dmesg would be highly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, s'cuse me!
It might be not the same from a technical point of view. But for me as a user it feels like to be the same concerning the behaviour of the DIR-615h.
With Debian 10/ FF-esr I upgrade the FW from 47000 to 47040 (47033). It starts upgrading and at the end only the power-LED is yellow and the LAN-LED(the PC is linked to) is green and there is no access possible via ID any more.
Via emergency room (Power-on while pushing the reset button; power-LED is blinking yellow)/ Win 7/ IE 11 I load FW dir615h-factory-webflash_38132.bin. After having loaded ~45%-50% the LEDs show "normal" behaviour: Power-green, WAN-yellow, WLAN-green, LAN(the PC is hooked on)-green. I wait until it reaches 100%. Then pushing the reset button/ Win 7/ Firefox (IE 11 doesn't work) I'm able to upgrade to FW 47000.
I know the reactivation sounds quite a bit strange but it's the way I get the device back to life.
I'm far away from a "Guru". But anyway please let me know, how I can provide (and how I can get) the info you need.
ervau
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Serial console is likely the only way you're going to get a boot log if it is failing to boot and you are unable to connect via webUI, telnet or ssh.

https://openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-615#serial

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/D-Link_DIR-615_rev_H1

http://bsdimp.blogspot.com/2008/06/adding-serial-port-to-d-link-dir-615.html

----------------------
ervau
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's what I did in the past to resuscitate a DIR-825b. Believe me or not: it was very interesting to do that (soldering pins, making a cable serial to USB ...) but it's not really funny to crash a DIR-615h and than to serial to get a log-file not knowing whether it works or not.
From the running status I have screen shots of the tmp/var/log/messages (I can't get into /var/ only /tmp/var/) but I don't think that this will show what BrainSlayer likes to see.
ervau
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
He needs logs from this build to see what is broken and fix it which can't be provided in the same way as a working build...

----------------------
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
ervau wrote:
That's what I did in the past to resuscitate a DIR-825b. Believe me or not: it was very interesting to do that (soldering pins, making a cable serial to USB ...) but it's not really funny to crash a DIR-615h and than to serial to get a log-file not knowing whether it works or not.
From the running status I have screen shots of the tmp/var/log/messages (I can't get into /var/ only /tmp/var/) but I don't think that this will show what BrainSlayer likes to see.
ervau

if you get syslog with klog enabled or dmesg output it works. but i question myself if you have access to /var/log/messages the firmware must work in some way. so this is now confusing me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes FW 47000 works!
From the running status (with FW 47000 after emergency room) I can see /tmp/var/log/messages.
In the bricked status I'm not able to SSH; there's no access via IP. I think you are interested in messages in the bricked status. But that's what I can't provide.
ervau
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can provide logs if you attach a serial adapter and capture the boot log from the serial console like I mentioned already. I don't see how difficult this is to comprehend. You seem unwilling to provide anything other than "it's broken".

----------------------
ervau
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
@kernel-panic69
Sorry, in a community I'm not used to be flamed. I try to provide information I'm able to not more not less. But it's hard to read that I'm not willing and I only report "crashed".
So give me the weekend for experiment. I will be back if I succeed.
ervau
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wasn't flaming you; I was stating the obvious from my perspective. My apologies if my logic is flawed, but here we are 3 days into this and no logs. Perhaps I am not being patient enough Embarassed Hopefully, you are successful and we can gain further insight into what the issue(s) is(are).

----------------------
ervau
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now struggled the whole weekend w/o any success. Obviously I'm to stupid to get it done.
Soldered the three pins GND, TX, RX, linked correctly to the PC, started PuTTY Serial as user as well as root with standard settings 9600-8-1-NONE-XON/XOFF as well as with for H1 suggested settings (https://openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-615#serial) 57600-8-2-NONE-NONE but didn't get any response from the DIR-615.
Sorry not to be able to provide the requested data.
ervau
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try 115200, Data bits:8, Stop bits:1, Parity:none, Flow control:none as OpenWRT toh data has been known to be incorrect. Did you verify the pinout with a multimeter?

----------------------
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: