SFE Performance Degradation from Build 46166 to 46885

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
NewtonsMthd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:16    Post subject: SFE Performance Degradation from Build 46166 to 46885 Reply with quote
Hi All,

First, thank you!

I am using a D-Link DIR860L A1 with a Broadcom BCM47081A0 (so it supports CTF + FA). I have a 1000/100 internet connection.

With build 46166 and "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" enabled, I routinely pull about 750 down with Speedtest. After installing build 46885 and enabling only SFE by setting the "Shortcut Forwarding Engine " option to SFE (i.e. this should be the same level of acceleration), my download speeds dropped to about 450 down, with all other parameters being the same.

Setting "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" to CTF and then the "Flow Acceleration" options did yield better results: with the "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" option set to CTF but flow acceleration still disabled, I got about the same 750. Setting the two levels of flow acceleration increased these speeds further.

Downgrading back to build 46166 restored the expected speeds from just setting "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" to enabled.

My question is: Why did the performance of "regular" SFE go down so significantly between these builds? Is this a bug, by design, or a misunderstanding on my part of the old "Shortcut Forwarding Engine" option?

Thanks!
Sponsor
amadeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can confirm, this is happening on my netgear r6700v3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: