WRT-1200AC can support 2 USB drives. But can DD-WRT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
packetfire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:51    Post subject: WRT-1200AC can support 2 USB drives. But can DD-WRT? Reply with quote
I fought with this for several days without success, so I went back to the stock Linksys code.

I have 2 2TB drives hanging on a WRT-1200AC, both shared for read/write from workstations, and one set up as a DNLA "media drive" with video to be played by a Roku.

I could get one drive working as a miniDNLA drive, but had no success setting up samba to share that drive. There are multiple sets of instructions out there, but they seem to be out-of-date, and do not result in a working config.

The WRT-1200AC has both a USB 3 and an eSATA port, so the hardware clearly supports 2 drives, as does the stock firmware. DD-WRT seems to offer more verbose support, even boasting a "RAID" option.

Has anyone made any of this work on the Linksys routers?
Sponsor
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I very briefly had a 5tb and a 10tb drive simultaneously mounted. Samba, dlna, transmission all worked fine. I ended up moving one drive to an AP because on restart they would occasionally switch mount points, messing up my settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: