Memory issue on R6800 using miniDLNA with CIFS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Anoopnk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 17:54    Post subject: Memory issue on R6800 using miniDLNA with CIFS Reply with quote
I've setup my R6800 with build r47000. I have a CIFS mount from a remote server through wireguard. miniDLNA is also enabled and running. I have nearly 70% RAM free.

When I start streaming from the cifs mount through miniDLNA, I can stream files all fine up to 4K HDR easily without buffering pauses. While this is happening, the RAM gets filled up, slowly and the free RAM reduces to 2%, and then video playback is very jerky.

Solutions I tried were:

1) Remounting cifs with cache=none, so this should not use the RAM. This works well and RAM doesn't seem to fill up but the bandwidth isn't enough for a smooth playback. Tried with cache=loose, its same as strict (default).
(Probably because it wasn't playing smoothly RAM didn't fill up, in that case it's miniDLNA taking the RAM, but i doubt it since it plays from local mount well)

2) Adding on swap, seems like kernel doesn't support it yet.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: