New Build - 06/21/2021 - r46979

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:40    Post subject: New Build - 06/21/2021 - r46979 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link does not work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r46974 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
OpenVPN 2.5.3: Guides, Server, PBR, Reverse PBR, Client (see second post), Kill Switch, update tips, scripts and more.
WireGuard 1.0.20210606/Tools: Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, update tips, scripts & more. Thanks BS & egc!
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle since r41813.
SmartDNSMiniDLNA • Unbound 1.13.1 • CoovaChilli 1.6 • Tor 0.4.5.8 • OpenSSL 1.1.1k • Dnsmasq 2.85 • Privoxy 3.0.32
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.3.9+): default min/max versions changed. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++.
CVE-2020-26147, CVE-2020-24586, CVE-2020-24587 & CVE-2020-24588 (Fragattack) fixed.
• "Assign WAN port to Switch" feature removed to be reworked in a future release.

Issues:
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded WRT1200AC v1's from r46974 to r46979 using Brave 1.10.97 (64-bit) running on Linux Mint 20.1 OS hardwired via Cat6.

Successful update and reboot. No reset, nothing disabled prior to update, uptime approx 2+ hrs, wired/wireless connected, vpn up immediately (Expressvpn). I do not use NAS. SFE, QoS and IPv6 are always disabled. OpenVPN client/DNSMasq and radios always enabled. I do not have any Apple devices.

Kernel Version Linux 4.9.273 #2715 SMP Mon Jun 21 02:02:45 +07 2021 armv7l

OpenVPN 2.5.3 arm-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Jun 21 2021

No issues with a routine update session. This release seems a bit more responsive than the previous release. OpenVPN ticked up from v2.5.2 to v2.5.3 I believe.

Edit: I use Linux 99% but while using Win 8.1 yesterday (prior to update this morning) I decided to make a setting change. I found that I could not log into the DD-WRT GUI with Firefox or Waterfox both of which threw me back to the log-in screen after entering log-in info . . . every time. Both are current versions. I did manage to log in with Brave but made no changes. All security apps are disabled on the router site same as my Linux browsers.

Went back to my Linux laptop, logged in with no issues, made the changes and logged out normally. Firefox, Waterfox and Brave all allowed me to log in with no issues. This leads me to think that log-in/GUI issues may be OS/browser combo specific??? May just be my Win 8.1 setup since I rarely use Win for anything but access/excel but thought I would mention it as someone mentioned log-in issues a few days ago.
o2bad455
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: WRT1900ACSv2 / r46979
File/Kernel: webflash via Putty / Linux 4.9.273 #2715 SMP Mon Jun 21 02:02:45 +07 2021 armv7l
Previous/Reset: r46974 (unstable) and r46885 (stable) / No
Mode/Status: Gateway, OpenVPN Client, FreeRADIUS Server / Up 20 minutes
Issues/Errors: Seems soild so far, thanks! I'll update if the wifi disconnects of r46974 resurface (e.t.a. half a day), or if I notice any other issues before my next pre-scheduled Monday morning reboot.

Netgear R9000 - Atheros
Netgear R7000 - Broadcom
PC x86-64 VM - Atheros
o2bad455
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Monza wrote:
Edit: I use Linux 99% but while using Win 8.1 yesterday (prior to update this morning) I decided to make a setting change. I found that I could not log into the DD-WRT GUI with Firefox or Waterfox both of which threw me back to the log-in screen after entering log-in info . . . every time. Both are current versions. I did manage to log in with Brave but made no changes. All security apps are disabled on the router site same as my Linux browsers.

Went back to my Linux laptop, logged in with no issues, made the changes and logged out normally. Firefox, Waterfox and Brave all allowed me to log in with no issues. This leads me to think that log-in/GUI issues may be OS/browser combo specific??? May just be my Win 8.1 setup since I rarely use Win for anything but access/excel but thought I would mention it as someone mentioned log-in issues a few days ago.

I haven't had any login issues, per se, with this r46979 or the previous r46974. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 PC with Firefox 89.0.1 (64-bit) worked just fine to access the dd-wrt webif GUI (I didn't need to resort to Pale Moon, etc.). Putty and WinSCP are also working well from the same PC. I do most of my flashing from Win 10 via Putty curl and write, which allows me to perform control from PC via wifi while actual file download from Internet to router is wired. But I also login to the webif GUI, generally from Win 10 (and not recently from Linux), and do an NVRAM backup after each dd-wrt build update or settings change. This morning's webif GUI sessions went smoothly.

EDIT: BTW, I believe the Win 10 upgrade from Win 8.1 is still FREE.

Netgear R9000 - Atheros
Netgear R7000 - Broadcom
PC x86-64 VM - Atheros
jifffy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r46979 std (06/21/21) with success, on a Linksys 3200acm, no hiccups, everything working ok so far. Uptime is 2 hours so far, will continue to monitor processes using htop or atop.
Fritzbuf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys WRT3200ACM

I try this version of firmware but it has the same "error/behaviors" as the other before.
2.4Ghz netware starts fast and then it slow down after "x" hours. I have a lot 2.4Ghz clients e.g. WebCams and also smart devices, for the moment it is not possible to use this router to setup an stable connection.
For the moment I went back to my old router model "Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H" also with DD-Wrt installed. I hope it goes better in the next versions. Please, please try to solve this issue ?!?!

best regards and thank you

Navigation

Jump to: