Please HELP WRT54G and DDRWT connection issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
ThaCrip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
wealthwise wrote:
I'm now running build DD-WRT v3.0-r46885 micro (06/05/21) and aside from a glitch or two, It's installed and working but, I can repeat the router signal but no internet, I can ping the Wrt54g IP number I changed to 192.168.69.1 fine but can't ping 8.8.8.8 any ideas? As for bad caps I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion yet. Thanks

If I had access to a spare router, which I don't (as the 'backup' in my signature is at my sisters house and is apparently buried somewhere in storage(so I don't expect to get a hold of it anytime soon, if ever)), I might be able to test a bit with setting it up as a repeater just to see how it fairs with my main WRT54GS v1.1 router to see if I can get it working or not.

but maybe this well help... https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

--------------

@ jwh7 ; lets say a ESR meter shows the cap is out of spec. I assume there is still a good chance the cap will work 'well enough' as long as it's not too far out of spec?

I say that because on my old ASUS A8N32SLI Deluxe motherboard, which I had since March 2006, has a fair amount of swollen caps, which I assume are bad, but it's still stable. I would have considered replacing them but the board is pretty old to where it's probably not worth my time which is why I just plan on using it as long as I can as is. EDIT(July 8th 2021): a little while ago now I replaced all 23 (although only 16 were visibly bad) of the 6.3v 820uF KZG brand capacitors with Rubycon ZLJ's and all seems good so far. no more occasional weird messages booting up etc.

Primary Router: Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 /w dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021) ; new Panasonic capacitors Feb 11th 2020 | Backup Router: Linksys WRT54GS v6 /w dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021)
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: