Netgear with DDWRT works well on Ubiquiti but not on Meraki?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm gonna figure the odds on your Ubiquiti and Meraki devices supporting wireless client or wireless ethernet bridge modes and whether or not just buying either brand device and just configuring stock firmware to do the job. Which specific Ubiquiti and Meraki hardware are you using? I don't know of anything that would cause these issues, because I don't think you need to tweak any settings from default in CB modes. I have never had to in DD-WRT. Just seems like, "Hey, let's just rely on cheap routers and DD-WRT when we could just buy name brand stuff and do it with stock firmware."... no offense.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sponsor
sjacobjf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
As with many commercial projects, it's been a journey. We were initially sold a system that used a Ubiquiti bullet and a Mikrotik Routerboard for each moving boom. Then on a second build we were sold a Mikrotik Groove and Mikrotik Routerboard on each moving boom. Both builds connecting to a Ubiquiti wifi system. This system required 4 ip addresses per moving boom controller- 2 for networking equipment and 2 for the equipment on the moving boom. This system was fair, but not bulletproof by any means. For the 3rd build, we looked for a way that we could use a single device to replace the Ubiquiti Bullet/Mikrotik Groove/Mikrotik Routerboard. Many routers do not support client bridge mode with stock firmware. We finally found these Netgear Routers, flashed them with DD WRT, and the system has been fabulous. We eventually removed the Ubiquiti Bullets, Mikrotik Routerboards and Goove devices in favour of the Netgear Routers with DD WRT. They worked great. Then over time the Ubiquiti cloud controller system got more and more buggy (as they pushed out firmware updates), sometimes loosing all the data on a restart, making us start from scratch with configuration. So we tried a Meraki system to see if we could get better stability. It was more stable in some respects, but we are having trouble with connectivity through the Netgear Routers.

I was putting out the request to see if others had experienced these issues, and if maybe they had found a solution. We're open to an equipment upgrade. Just putting "all irons in the fire" at this point.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: