WRT3200 ACM - NAS issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
alt0134
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 19:51    Post subject: WRT3200 ACM - NAS issue Reply with quote
Release: r43616 (also tried "most up-to-date" as well)

NAS share is not present on SDA1 to mount, although appears: /dev/sda1 mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1

Before attempting most updated release, the /mnt/sda1 was unavailable in the dropdown box, but now only /mnt is an option. Hadn't had an issue for (years?) before this - the Windows bootmgr still allows the drive to be recognized when directly plugged into a machine. The NAS SAMBA share settings, etc etc haven't changed -

Prior to "issue" the drive was accessable using share path \\DD-WRT\[share]

Currently, this accesses a directory containing a folder named sda1 while connected to router.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:18    Post subject: Nas error Reply with quote
Hook it back up to your PC, and check the drive for errors. If found, fix them, then try your nas connection again.
alt0134
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
The drive is fine - no hardware errors - somehow something intrinsic to the share/location must be going haywire.

I have a "spare" 3200ACM sitting here I used when I bought this from a co-worker who wasnt using it to its potential. I will try booting into it if I can remember the root pw.

But, again, to be clear - the drive is fine, something is screwey with the share/mount config - hmm.
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
alt0134 wrote:
The drive is fine - no hardware errors - somehow something intrinsic to the share/location must be going haywire.

I have a "spare" 3200ACM sitting here I used when I bought this from a co-worker who wasnt using it to its potential. I will try booting into it if I can remember the root pw.

But, again, to be clear - the drive is fine, something is screwey with the share/mount config - hmm.

Ok, I'm going to be painfully honest with you. I use to use my wrt3200acm with a USB external hdd. I had so much trouble with it, I pulled the drive, bought a dell 1u rack server, and put the file server within the rack server. I also no longer use my wrt3200acm for WIFI, for WIFI is such a mess. In short, I use the wrt3200acm strictly as VPN client, and connected separate wifi AP's to connect to wifi. The server, obviously, is now within a rack mounted 1u dell device. In sort, the wrt3200acm was so much trouble, I'm slowly eliminating it. I don't personally believe it is a dd-wrt firmware issue, but in fact a serious issue with the chip set within the linksys router. It is "ok" as a vpn client, however, quite slow. Anyway... Migrate away from the linksys wrt3200acm, its quite problematic IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: