USB flashdrive is not sharing anymore r6700v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 18:00    Post subject: USB flashdrive is not sharing anymore r6700v3 Reply with quote
Hi to all, for some time I dont understand what happened but I'm having problems with accessing my usb stick mounted in dd-wrt router. From windows machines I see the dd-wrt router in the network but once I click on it, it appears to me to be wrong and opens the diagnostics. i formatted the usb stick in ext3 again and remounted on the router, but nothing has changed.
DD-WRT v3.0-r45820 std on board
this is my smb.conf on the usr/tmp folder:

Code:
[global]
log level = 1
netbios name = DD-WRT
server string = dd-wrt
syslog = 10
encrypt passwords = true
preferred master = yes
use sendfile = yes
aio read size = 2048
aio write size = 2048
large readwrite = yes
security = user
oplocks = yes
mangled names = no
max stat cache size = 64
workgroup = workgroup
bind interfaces only = yes
guest account = nobody
map to guest = Bad User
smb passwd file = /var/samba/smbpasswd
private dir = /var/samba
passdb backend = smbpasswd
log file = /var/smbd.log
max log size = 1000
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=262144 SO_RCVBUF=262144
read raw = yes
write raw = yes
max xmit = 65536
dead time = 15
getwd cache = yes
lpq cache time = 30
server min protocol = SMB2_10
server max protocol = SMB3_11
printing = none
load printers = No
usershare allow guests = Yes
smb3 encryption = no
[Flashdrive]
comment = Flashdrive
path = /mnt/sda1/
read only = no
guest ok = yes

force user = root
Sponsor
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to add a bit, on apps with android samba I can regularly access the shared folder. At this point I think that it gives a problem with windows machines, but nothing has changed since the last time it worked regularly
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 14:49    Post subject: Re: USB flashdrive is not sharing anymore r6700v3 Reply with quote
andrea_m83 wrote:
Hi to all, for some time I dont understand what happened but I'm having problems with accessing my usb stick mounted in dd-wrt router. From windows machines I see the dd-wrt router in the network but once I click on it, it appears to me to be wrong and opens the diagnostics. i formatted the usb stick in ext3 again and remounted on the router, but nothing has changed.

Code:
[Flashdrive]
comment = Flashdrive
path = /mnt/sda1/
read only = no
guest ok = yes

force user = root

Just my guess:

Was it a password issue? Window$ remembers login settings.... And the in-kernel Samba no longer accepts blank password, including public guest shares.

BTW, did you enable CTF forwarding?

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi mwchang, my windows credentials all just reset, tcp/ip settings too, but never changed.
Another strange thing is that I am able to access the smba app only in anonymous mode. if I add a user it doesn't work... Rolling Eyes
How to see CTF forwarding if enabled?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 15:43    Post subject: Re: USB flashdrive is not sharing anymore r6700v3 Reply with quote
andrea_m83 wrote:
DD-WRT v3.0-r45820 std on board

Your build is too old to have CTF present. It is also somewhere in the middle of the ongoing ksmbd development. Anything anyone would advise you may or may not work. I relent to the forum rules and guidelines regarding, "Upgrade 1st..." https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2021/05-26-2021-r46772/netgear-r6700v3/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have just upgraded with the last release r46816 std, now it shows the share authentication splash, but the password doesn't work like it did before. An other strange thing is that I can't even access the router dir and retrieve the samba files as I did previously with WinSCP.
ProFTPd is enabled, tried with anonymous login too
I can't explain what happened, all the machines on the net have the same problem accessing the dd-wrt, give me a hand please
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Downgraded to r46723, at least I can access to router via winSCP.
The smb.conf is the same as above, smbpasswd is empty
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 16:19    Post subject: Re: USB flashdrive is not sharing anymore r6700v3 Reply with quote
mwchang wrote:
Was it a password issue? Window$ remembers login settings.... And the in-kernel Samba no longer accepts blank password, including public guest shares.

I thought this was pretty clear.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 22:47    Post subject: Re: USB flashdrive is not sharing anymore r6700v3 Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
mwchang wrote:

I thought this was pretty clear.

I am not understanding, I also added a user under Services-> NAS-> File Sharing, but the file smbpasswd is still empty and obviously does not let me access the share.

andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 23:43    Post subject: Help me!!! Reply with quote
Guys, you have to help me ... I'm going crazy! I'm trying them all, I continue updating the router's fw, but this problem of accessing the samba share persists from any windows machine and even from android Crying or Very sad
Abboo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 20:34    Post subject: Re: Help me!!! Reply with quote
andrea_m83 wrote:
Guys, you have to help me ... I'm going crazy! I'm trying them all, I continue updating the router's fw, but this problem of accessing the samba share persists from any windows machine and even from android Crying or Very sad

My experience is you must have at least two (2) usernames and passwords in samba. I can see the files, I can delete files, I can access the files but I cannot add files across the network.
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 22:56    Post subject: Re: Help me!!! Reply with quote
Abboo wrote:
andrea_m83 wrote:

My experience is you must have at least two (2) usernames and passwords in samba. I can see the files, I can delete files, I can access the files but I cannot add files across the network.

I didn't expect it but it really works, only the second user set. I can add and delete files, thanks! but, request to all, is it a bug?!?!
pandorarobot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 19:37    Post subject: Re: Help me!!! Reply with quote
andrea_m83 wrote:
Abboo wrote:
andrea_m83 wrote:

I didn't expect it but it really works, only the second user set. I can add and delete files, thanks! but, request to all, is it a bug?!?!

Hi! Samba shares are always bound to a user and more often than not multiple logins by the same user to access the same shares is disallowed.

If you set up Samba on a Linux system the shares are almost always bound to a local account and I believe this is part of the convention now with Samba.

Create a unique login account for each device accessing particular shares and it will solve a lot of your headaches and problems.
andrea_m83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded to r47842 and again the problem recurs this time it doesn't even work in anonymous mode. Formatted the pendrive, created two users, the error message tells me that I am not authorized to access the resources.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no problem but there are more user struggling with it.

Attached my personal scribblings maybe they help

DDWRT KSMBD.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DDWRT KSMBD.pdf
 Filesize:  292.63 KB
 Downloaded:  71 Time(s)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: