Is This Possible ? WAN/WIFI(5GHZ) <>client VPN<>

Cobra1582
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:56    Post subject: Is This Possible ? WAN/WIFI(5GHZ) <>client VPN<> Reply with quote
Hi, want to connect my home office to my main router via the 5GHz wifi, run a VPN and then have both the wired lan and 2.4 Ghz wifi as a local network?

Is that possible Please?
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I understand your intentions correctly, you should be able to configure the router in client mode using the 5GHz freq, leaving the wired LAN and 2.4GHz as a local network, and configuring the VPN client for the local network. But client mode may not be available w/ all routers. Just depends on the hardware.
ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
Cobra1582
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks that exactly what I am looking for.

how powerful of router do you think I will need to act as a client and to run the VPN and handle maybe 3 machines connected over wifi and wire.

its not a massive house(modern UK 3 bed) and the main area it will be covering is the office but would be nice for it to cover most if not all the house

Also any recommendation on any model, please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: