PIA VPN questions

Goto page Previous  1, 2
tedm
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems to me that telling a private VPN provider who you are kind of defeats the purpose of a private VPN. Even if the provider has no intention of telling the Chinese Government your name, if they get cracked into, your dead.

Can you still get visa debit cards that are "refillable" with cash? Or did the international banking community shut down that avenue?

I suppose there's always bitcoin...
Sponsor
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
tedm wrote:
Seems to me that telling a private VPN provider who you are kind of defeats the purpose of a private VPN. Even if the provider has no intention of telling the Chinese Government your name, if they get cracked into, your dead.

Can you still get visa debit cards that are "refillable" with cash? Or did the international banking community shut down that avenue?

I suppose there's always bitcoin...

That I don't know, last time I looked they still took gift cards (even ones for Walmart etc), bitcoin would be fine by me. Oh I just scrolled down for a bit. So yeah looks like they still take them.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
the PIA thing, that went missing recently is their servers list...and I couldn't find their servers names,
like before... just by typing PIA servers and they ware popping out..

And their customer service is 50/50 random shot you will get to decent guys...to help you out...
so, if you look for help...don't look for help Razz Confused Rolling Eyes their online guides are also kind of a mess, unless you know where to look...

if anyone still knows where to find their servers info, plz share Razz Razz

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
the PIA thing, that went missing recently is their servers list...and I couldn't find their servers names,
like before... just by typing PIA servers and they ware popping out..

And their customer service is 50/50 random shot you will get to decent guys...to help you out...
so, if you look for help...don't look for help Razz Confused Rolling Eyes their online guides are also kind of a mess, unless you know where to look...

if anyone still knows where to find their servers info, plz share Razz Razz

Thanks, I know their how to's etc are out of date, couldn't find anything except, their servers are no longer privateinternetaccess, just privacy... That was a few months ago anyway. was in a reddit thing. I may change providers, I knew when they got bought out this crap would happen. https://torrentfreak.com/private-internet-access-to-be-acquired-by-kape/

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: