Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 8963 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 16:21 Post subject: New Build - 05/13/21 - r46640
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI, but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. #6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work
in some configurations for certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs in40562 - 40566. Effective startup commandsdiscussion thread is here.
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay, e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25'.
• Broadcom ARM devices if 5 GHz channels are missing, via Telnet/SSH: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'reboot'
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.
the changelog "since last build" link is broken, it displays the error: "Unsupported version control system "svn": No module named _fs" _________________ ASUS RT-AC68U (R/AP) Merlin 386.2_6
ASUS RT-AC68U r46885 Bridge x3
WRT54GL 1.1 FreshTomato 2021.3
Linksys E1200v2 r43266 (sleeping)
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r46640 std (05/13/21) (prev. DD-WRT v3.0-r46380 std (04/17/21))
Kernel: forgot to copy, sorry
Mode: Gateway, Wifi disabled, Wireguard for external access, WAN to DSL, Keep Alive reboot 5:00 in the morning
Status: No Access to Internet. No connection via PPPoE, WAN IP stays at 0.0.0.0.
Tried turning on / off SFE, FA, Wireguard... to no avail.
Did not change anything on the setting page since years.
Connection Type PPPoE, User and Password not changed, T-Online VLAN 7 support ENABLED, since... T-Online customer, they need VLAN ID 7 .
Tried several reboots, tried to find some hints in logfile, to no avail.
My line is only capable of IPv4, therefore I did not enable IPv6 ever.
Joined: 13 Aug 2013 Posts: 6123 Location: Romerike, Norway
Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 18:15 Post subject:
Router Model: Asus RT-AC66U
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r46656 giga (05/13/21)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.268 #8829 Thu May 13 17:14:33 +07 2021 mips
Note: There is two files in the folder for this model (46640 and 46656)
Router: Netgear R7000P
Kernel: Linux 4.4.268 #3010 SMP Thu May 13 16:42:41 +07 2021 armv7l
Mode/Status: Gateway AP 2.4GHz 5Ghz IPv6 Unbound custom conf JFFS2 SFE:Disable static leases / working
Issues: running well thanks BrainSlayer and dd-wrt community
Last edited by itwontbewe on Sat May 22, 2021 14:10; edited 2 times in total
Joined: 14 Sep 2019 Posts: 216 Location: Maine, USA
Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 22:36 Post subject:
Router/Version: Asus RT-N12D
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r46640 mega (05/13/21)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.268 #8817 Thu May 13 16:33:24 +07 2021 mips
Mode: Gateway/OpenVPN client
Status: Not working, no WAN IP address, last working version is r46442
I *think* it's some sort of WAN/LAN port assignment problem. When I plug my PC into a LAN port, I get an IP from an upstream dhcp server even though this router is configured as a gateway.
I'll attach the serial logs from a working and non-working version.
Router: Netgear WNDR4000 (x4)
Issues: On my WNDR4000 acting as the router, it is unable to get a DHCP address from my ISP despite releasing and renewing. Same for 46604. Had to go back to 46446 to get the DHCP to successfully get an IP address.
The only thing odd in my setup is that I use MAC ADDRESS CLONE (cloning my old router's MAC address). Could that not be working now?
For the other 3 WNDR4000 acting as access points, working fine.
Try it without the mac cloning; you may need to power cycle the modem and router separately.
EDIT: Also, refer to the posts above about the RT-N12D. Ports may be out-of-order.
Yeah, I think it's a WAN port ordering issue, as I have my access points assign WAN port to the switch, and happened to have one of them plugged in my network via WAN and it couldn't talk to the network. Once I changed to a LAN port, it was fine.