DDNS

Biker1bob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:46    Post subject: DDNS Reply with quote
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43136 std (05/13/20)

Trying to use this setup..

Main modem/router is Hitron Coda 4582 (provided by isp)

I have a TP-link N600 as a client bridge to my retro computers. One of those computers runs a BBS so I need a DDNS so that I can have people connect remotly.

Main router does not support NoIP.com and does not allow a custom DDNS to be entered.

I would like to use the DDNS feature on the N600 (used as a client brige) to update the DDNS. BUT I get this if I use the NOIP configuration.

Tue May 11 04:22:08 2021: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - dynamic DNS updater.
Tue May 11 04:22:13 2021: INADYN:IP: Error '0x16' resolving host name 'checkip.dyndns.org'
Tue May 11 04:22:13 2021: W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
Tue May 11 04:22:13 2021: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 0)

If I try and switch to Custom, the settings I have found give me the same result.

Because the DD-WRT N600 router is behind the main ISP modem/router I have to use the Use External IP check feature, but if I am reading the error.. it is not liking it????

ANyone have this working with NOIP.com and what do I need to change?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Biker1bob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
In reading threads, in this forum it seems to be issues with the INADYN service.. which I see even in 2021 is still the 1.96 ver that everyone was complaining about and open tickets for back in 2015.

SO am I safe to assume this DDNS updater when using the check external ip.. DOES NOT work?

James
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sure would help to know exactly what a TP-Link N600 was and what DD-WRT build number you were running, nor any properly-sized screenshots of your configuration. Also, the General forum is not for router help. So, until I know exactly which TP-Link device you are using, I have no place to move this thread to.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: